Director, Operations Projects & Planning
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Vice President, National Operations. The Director, Operations, Projects & Planning will support the development and management of key National Operations projects.
The Director, Operations, Projects & Planning will support the development and management of key National Operations projects including the Pharmacy Professional Services Enablement Program, the development of the yearly strategic and operating goals and objectives of the team while providing direct support to the VP National Operations and other Team Members.
- Critical role in supporting and managing various projects on behalf of VP, as needed.
- Co-ordinate Projects, Presentations and Reports
- Support business unit leads on specific projects where there is cross over or synergy opportunities across BU’s and or with SDM/LCL
- Support the development of National Operations strategic and operating plans as needed with guidance and input from the businesses
- Ensure flawless implementation of planned activities and programs
- Identify ways to increase operational effectiveness of working teams
- Lead execution of key team meetings and offsites, capturing action items and ensuring prompt follow-up
- Provide key inputs to internal and external VP National Operations communications
- Preparation of senior level reports and presentations
- Administrative support to VP National Operations
- Co-ordinate major meetings and conferences for the National Operations team in partnership with other team members
- Proactively identify and implement best practices
- Partner with other team leaders to ensure alignment
- Support employee engagement plans across the National Operations Team
- Support compliance by ensuring awareness and training across all National Ops teams
- Experience leading projects using Project Management principles. PMP or other project management certification is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills are required as well as excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complexity and managing projects in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong organizational skills, very flexible and capable of juggling multiple demands and stakeholders
- Ability to develop partnerships through cross-functional collaboration and work in fast paced growth environment
- Develops new techniques and innovative approaches to further continuous improvements.
- Strong analytics skills are important
- Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in business, marketing, economics or related degree
- 3 plus years in a Strategic business or marketing role and/or operational leadership experience in retail operations.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical and /or retail pharmacy experience and knowledge is an asset
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.