Director, Operational Excellence
City : Burlington
Category : Full-time Quality Assurance
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
This role is accountable to support all food and facilities management operations and for deploying the Operational Excellence methodology and tools across all business segments and corporate functional areas throughout Canada. This will be accomplished through effective leadership, coaching, influencing, training and partnering with operations and functional leaders at all levels within the company. This role is instrumental in driving cultural change across the company and support the leaders in achieving sustainable business results and developing operational excellence capabilities across the organization.
More specifically, you will:
- Play a critical role in building an OpEx roadmap for the entire business, engaging with stakeholders at all levels, identifying key actions and leveraging common topics or trends
- Define and design strategic data analysis/modeling & update business leaders at all levels on key insights. For example, inflation impact analysis, new business model financial simulation, business dashboard design, Merger & Acquisition, etc.
- Identify opportunities for Six Sigma projects and conduct analysis to scope projects
- Leverage knowledge, skills and experience to help define and refine the Operational Excellence system and best practice sharing across the organization.
- Provide contract analysis & bidding support for RFP’s and contract rebid.
- Support Tech & Services as required with specific operational issues related to personnel, capabilities, processes, services, etc.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an Operational Excellence library of training materials, problem-solving tools and methods that will be deployed consistently across the company.
- Actively coach, teach, and champion the operational excellence transformation by facilitating and/or participating in continuous improvement events and delivering appropriate training workshops at various levels across the organization; participate in designing the organizational structure required to effectively drive the Operational Excellence transformation and play a leadership role in developing the capabilities of these resources.
What You’ll need to Succeed:
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering, Finance or Business Operations
- 8 years of hands on Six Sigma/Kaizen/Lean practicing is preferred
- Strong financial acumen, budget, costing, forecasting
- Strong knowledge in data cubing & statistical data analysis & data intelligence mining
- Expert in using Excel, Visio, and MINITAB or equivalent data analysis tool
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills required
- 25% overnight travel required
- Six Sigma Green Belt or above is preferred
- Bilingual in French & English is an asset
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
- Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
- Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
- LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
- Facebook: Sodexo Canada