Director, Marketing, Energy & Resources BOU
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Director, Marketing, Energy & Resources BOU - ( 230000G4 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and ready to win? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, with ‘dotted line’ reporting to the Energy & Resources (E&R) Strategic Growth Leader, the E&R BOU Marketing Director is a strategic partner for the BOU in marketing and business development. The purpose is to partner with practitioners to support growth through a spectrum of marketing activities—from marketing and competitive research to supporting practitioners in building strong client relationships through our Account Management program. The BOU Marketing Director leads a team of marketing professionals that works alongside E&R’s Business Development and technical talent growing our desired market position, increasing brand awareness, creating collateral material/communications and preparing/supporting proposals and presentations for key project opportunities. Success is represented by building Stantec’s E&R reputation in the sectors we service, and success at winning work (achieving sales goals, M&BD ROI, and win rates on competitive pursuits).
The BOU Marketing Director is primarily responsible for leading/building a high-functioning team to drive implementation of pursuit phase best practices in the BOU including for marketing planning, pre-positioning, go/no-go evaluation, win theme development, proposal preparation, interview prep and coaching, and other assistance needed to win key pursuits, with a focus on the “Top 20” BOU opportunities. The role also includes working with a larger Stantec team of Account Managers, Sector Leaders, Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Communications professionals to build our brand awareness and identify and win opportunities for top line growth.
Role & Responsibilities:
Marketing Strategy Development and Implementation
- Partner with the BOU Leadership (BOUL, BOU-OL, BLs, SLs, AMs) to develop marketing and win strategies for sustaining and growing net revenue for key clients
- Partner with BOU Leadership to develop the annual M&BD business plan and budget to support E&R goals for revenue growth and profitability in our target markets
- Partner with SL/SGL teams to develop/maintain a deep understanding of E&R’s businesses and sectors. As needed, liaise with corporate resources for detailed analysis of external influences, governmental funding initiatives, and broad market drivers
- Provide client and competitor analysis in target market sectors
- Work with BOU Leadership to assess Stantec’s market position at the national and geographic level and develop/implement communications strategies to achieve the desired market positioning.
Monitor and Assess M&BD Performance Metrics
- Monitor and report on progress against the M&BD plan for sales, revenue, spend, ROI, and success rates. Report observations on trends and performance relative to industry/company benchmarks.
- Pipeline –Monitor and report on Funnel Health Metrics. Provide training on proper use of Pipeline. Monitor and implement actions to improve quality of data while maintaining efficiency and client/billability for business users.
- Evaluate go/no-go performance and compliance. Provide analysis and interpretation of the data.
- Evaluate performance on competitive pursuits –what went well, what didn’t and share lessons learned
- Lead Actions to improve win rate on large competitive proposals
- Support Client Analysis
- Assist with preparation of marketing and BD sections of AM Plans for key clients
- Conduct and evaluate client satisfaction and client relationships surveys and provide feedback.
Interface with Corporate M&BD
- Keep E&R abreast of what’s happening at Corporate M&BD FST
- Share E&R needs with Corporate. Advocate for solutions to E&R priorities.
- What are our competitors doing in our space? Relative revenue, who is growing, shrinking?
- Who is moving into what markets? Who is exiting what markets?
- Provide intelligence on pricing and differentiators by our competitors.
- Help identify longer term trends in the E&R market sectors
- From the M&BD Plan Summaries, develop key trade shows, conferences, and publications to showcase the BOU throughout the year
- Develop, initiate, and provide leadership on BL/Sector campaigns to brand the practice relative to e-campaigns, promotional material, trade shows and conferences
- Work closely with Marketing Directors and their teams to ensure BL/Sector representation through development and coordination of internal and external content within Stantec Marketing Knowledge Center, stantec.com, The Lens, and other relevant communication tools
Marketing Team Leadership
- Develop/lead a sector marketing team comprised of both E&R and shared corporate talent. Ensure team is fully integrated with E&R’s BD/AM staff and actively participates in critical business development activities including GNGs, business planning, AM plan development and other activities
- Demonstrate teamwork with BOU Leadership and Operations, Account Managers, Sector Leadership, Practice Leadership, Local Leadership and Marketing Leadership.
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Directors and their teams to execute at the local level
- Post-Secondary in business, sales and/or marketing
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium to large sized organization, preferably supporting E&R related industries/sectors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practice
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients
- Excels in creating an environment that enables trust and fosters high performing teams.
- Commitment to client service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-BOU-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2023, 5:20:50 AM
Req ID: 230000G4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans