Director, Lending Products (18 Month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Program Directors
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171675
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Director, Lending, CCAU’s purpose is to lead the Lending team that has business line responsibilities with direct oversight, management, execution and growth of Real Estate Secured Lending, secured and unsecured Term Loan and Auto Loan Portfolios across the Caribbean, Central America and Uruguay Region (CCAU) for both Retail and Small Business.
Reporting to the Vice President, Retail Support, this role will deliver strategic advice that optimizes product design and development, customer value propositions and day to day management of the assign portfolio. This will be done through structured research, analysis and compelling strategic recommendations via the evaluation, design and optimization of the business strategy. The incumbent works with key stakeholder groups within International Banking, Country leadership and various Corporate stakeholders to conduct E2E reviews, develop a product and service strategy and implement tools to support that strategy. The role will have significant influence over the improvement in our customer experience and our ability to meet our strategic goal of acquiring more sustainable and profitable primary banking customer relationships.
- Business Line Responsibilities
- The position is a multi-dimensional role that requires the incumbent to act as a strong business leader, with oversight over assigned portfolios.
- Cross functional role that identifies opportunities and leads efforts to enhance the Lending product and service offering to help Scotiabank advance its position as a leader in the CCAU region.
- Provide business line expertise across various strategic initiatives and projects.
- Oversight, management, execution and growth of the Real Estate Secured Lending, Secured and unsecured Term Loan and Auto loan Portfolios across the region.
- Focus on business performance and profitability, expense management, customer strategies, end to end process engineering, audit resolutions, regulatory compliance, sales & service disciplines, channel and technology capabilities and communication.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Strategic Leadership
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Embeds effective techniques to create a performance driven culture
- Shares and integrates knowledge, experience and responsibility when dealing with employees
- Develops strategic relationships in order to manage change effectively and to maintain expertise and knowledge of industry
- Develops strategic partnerships with Human Resources to drive positive change and promote a consistent employee experience that balances the needs of the employee and the Bank
- Employs strong financial, market and industry insights to inform data drive decision making for the assigned regions.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their teams to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads/participates in various Executive committees related to strategic initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Lead/participate in integrated cross-functional teams to provide insights of business opportunities through strategy-focused intelligence and analysis for planning and execution of strategic initiatives
- Identify enablers and key issues prior to and during implementation, raise issues with key stakeholders and offer solutions
- Ensure strategic initiatives meet the necessary rigor, strategic alignment, and return objectives; fully reflect the costs and benefits associated with the initiative
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Business, preferably MBA or relevant post-Graduate degree.
- 10+ years work experience, preferably in financial services including multiple years of progressive senior strategy roles in management consulting and / or product or portfolio management
- 5+ years leadership experience in a people management role
- Experience mobilizing and leading complex strategic initiatives is an asset
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
- Highly developed relationship management skills to effectively manage relationships across the Bank stakeholders
- Able to work in a team and independently in ambiguous situations
- Proven track record delivering innovative solutions from concept to change management
- Organizational and administrative agility; developed and superior negotiation skills.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of Spanish language is an asset
Please Note: This position is open to a local working location should you reside in the following region: Caribbean / Central America and Uruguay
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.