Director, Learning Technologies and Educational Development
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2040 – Educational Development
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: Director, Learning Technologies and Educational Development
This role reports to the Associate Vice President, Teaching & Learning. Reporting directly to this position are the Teaching & Learning Technologies Strategists, Learning Technologies Support Analysts, Junior Analysts, and Educational Media Strategist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in Education or in a related field and/or equivalent of education and experience. A Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ of progressive leadership experience in planning, managing, and supporting the use of online learning systems, technologies and development of educational media.
- A minimum of three full years of cumulative, ongoing teaching experience at the post-secondary level as an instructor of face-to-face, credit course instruction. Teaching experience corresponding to one of KPU’s programs is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Administrative experience, including with budgeting, planning, and reporting.
- Significant and successful experience in educational/faculty development with demonstrated ability to consult with, train and support educators across multiple modes of delivery.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum mapping program and course design, development and delivery in a variety of modes
- Experience in designing rich and interactive learning experiences in a learning management system and with learning technologies, educational media, and e-portfolios.
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in education particularly with respect to post-secondary teaching and learning (e.g., student engagement, interactive learning, Indigenous learning, experiential learning, inquiry-based learning, curriculum alignment, assessment and evaluation, blended and online learning, etc.).
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development to maintain currency in pedagogical practice, principles and theories as well as emerging trends in both learning technologies and educational media.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively serve as a member of a leadership team in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary, unionized environment.
- Superior ability to exercise tact, professional standards of judgement, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality; and to work with senior administrative and academic administrators in a manner that facilitates cooperation.
- Demonstrated success in developing, supervising and leading a departmental team.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a manner that maintains and enhances respectful, collegial and collaborative relationships.
- Excellent ability to exercise tact, professional standards of judgment, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to take, be proactive, innovative resourceful, collaborative and adaptive.
- Possess analytical reasoning, planning, project management, administrative, customer service and organizational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills,
- Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
- Flexibility to adjust work hours as required.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
As KPU supports internal promotions, please note that at this time, internal talent has been identified.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.