A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
IS Director, PMO The Opportunity:
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
At Maple Leaf Foods, one of our greatest strengths is our deep capabilities and capacity to successfully lead and execute strategic projects across the organization. Over the years, we have seen our business plans and goals coming to life in meaningful ways, leading us to where we are today. As we embark on our ambitious journey to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, building a strong governance framework of disciplined processes, systems and teams that drives execution excellence is paramount to our success going forward.
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Project Management Office, the primary responsibilities of this role is to manage the process methods, and practices required to plan, manage and execute IS’s Portfolio. In addition, the IS PMO is accountable for governing departmental processes/practices and controls related to budgeting/fiscal management, and ensuring compliance with vendor and contract management, Software Asset Management, as well as effective project delivery along with project prioritization and reporting. This is a highly visible role supporting all levels of stakeholders across IS and the business. A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Ensure adherence to project management and change management standards across the entire program/project life cycle to include project management practices, tools and documentation of project artifacts
- Build a “learning community” of practice within the project delivery discipline in establishing a program of continuous improvement through assessment of internal and external best practices and lessons learned in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM across IS
- Lead development of IS’s project and operational budget (Capital and Operational Expense) and manage monthly fiscal management activities to support annual planning, month end and reforecast activities
- Ensure efficient and effective financial management processes are in place including reporting and control mechanisms sufficient to ensure appropriate stewardship of resources
- Responsible to ensuring right talent management and assignments of Project Managers, change management (internal/external), and User Training Resources to the IS Portfolio
- Ensure appropriate oversight as it relates to policy and procedures including vendor management, budget/fiscal management and Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Collaborate with senior executives and stakeholders in the business to prioritize projects based on company objectives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Provide the organization and direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Provide regular visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) on a standard cadence through status reporting and project/resource reviews
- Manage and deliver various internal initiatives and special assignments as assigned by the VP, Corporate PMO
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a Project Management Office leader, SAP and ERP environments and dashboard reporting.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience as a project manager - managing complex multi-faceted cross functional programs, working IT technologies, managing global projects and continuously driving and delivering initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience creating and institutionalizing an Enterprise PMO/ PMO function for an organization
- Strong in process management and controls to minimize IT Risks (i.e. Sox Compliance, Software Asset Management, vendor and contract management)
- Experience in budget management and reforecasting to support annual planning and lead monthly reforecasting for project budgets and SG&A
- Extensive experience with traditional and innovative project management processes, techniques, tools across agile, waterfall, iterative methods
- Experience in project management software applications including Project Professional/Server and SharePoint Online (including Reporting Tools such as Power BI)
- Strong Proficiency in MS Office specifically MS Excel
- Strong influencing, facilitation, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Proactive professional with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for the development of strategy, guidelines, policies, standards, and best practices
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- PMP (required) or PgMP (nice to have) designation
- MBA (nice to have)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.