Director, Global System Reliability Office Governance – Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H3Y2
Category : Technical Directors/Managers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191263
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs.
GTEP (Global Technology and Enterprise Platforms) Technology Internal Controls & Regulatory Management (ICRM) team plays an important role in the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework, providing First Line of Defense for GTEP and the Bank for all technology risk domains, including Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Software Currency, Disaster and Backup Recovery, Third Party Management, and Audit and Regulatory issue remediation.
Within GTEP ICRM, the Global Systems Reliability team interfaces with senior management, infrastructure, IT Operation, and business partners to continuously improve the stability, reliability, and efficiency of our Global systems through Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) based principles and practices that operate across people, process, and technology to enhance support of our rapidly changing technology product portfolio.
You will work cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a contributor in all significant engineering service or solution delivered to the Global Systems Reliability Office (GSRO) and stakeholders.
You will also have an understanding of ‘what could go wrong’, help to solve complex problems, and have a flare for communicating and participating in discussions with technical and business partners. You will work directly with our Software Engineering teams to both maintain and operate our existing technology and build our next generation of technologies.
Is this role right for you?
- You are prepared to take ownership
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You can demonstrate excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills. The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization and to regulators is essential.
- You have at least 10+ years of professional experience, including leading a team, working with stakeholders to enable buy-in of proposed changes to policies, standards and processes, coaching and developing colleagues.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in IT architecture, preferably in the infrastructure domain.
- You have at least 2+ years of advanced technical working experience with 1 or more of the following Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Public Cloud platforms - GCP and/or Azure and/or AWS.
- You understand container technologies, such as Docker and/or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and/or Linux Containers (LXC) or similar.
- You have hands-on experience in using ServiceNow for ITSM processes, such as managing incidents, creating problem records, approving change requests, etc…
- You can demonstrate a strong understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and IT Service Management (ITSM) principles.
- You possess a strong understanding of ITIL and how ITSM principles can work with SRE.
- You have performance & results oriented leadership skills, with a developmental bias (coaching).
- You possess proven management and strategic influencing capability, supported by well-developed logical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- You have a good track record on balancing conflicting priorities of various departments and stakeholders which requires a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- You have completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or in a related technical stream.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry experts, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We foster an environment of innovation and as well, continuous learning through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility & Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove, and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of our Hybrid Work Model, when required to be onsite, our primary office in downtown Toronto is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Located near the TTC’s Line 1 King subway station & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC’s King 504 streetcar line.
- Just minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- Home to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Directly accessible to The PATH & its many food courts, restaurants, grocery stores, LCBO, hairdressers, pharmacies, gyms, clothing stores & services.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.