Director, Fund Accounting & Administration Product Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for strategy and profitability of the Fund Accounting and Administration product set in RBC Investor Services (IS). This includes but is not limited to the design and development of product solutions to support client retention, target client acquisition, and enhanced client experience; the development of product strategies and delivery roadmaps to take advantage of emerging market trends & opportunities; the ideation & leadership of initiatives that deliver growth/improvement to the profitability of the product; and leadership of the move to a data driven Product and wider business organization within RBC IS.
What will you do?
- Aligned to RBC Investor Services business strategy, develop a 3-year strategy and delivery roadmap for our Fund Accounting & Administration product.
- Be recognized as the business leader of our Fund Accounting and Administration product & drive a collaborative, high performing culture.
- P&L accountability; ideate and lead initiatives that deliver bottom line product P&L growth via scalable and sustainable target business and operating models.
- Develop a detailed, data driven understanding of all aspects of your Product, including client satisfaction, sales, financial, operational, & risk management.
- Ensure and evidence that Product strategy, roadmap and proposed investment initiatives have a strong fit to RBC IS target clients/market
- Develop well thought out, detailed, but effectively summarized business cases to support investment funding asks aligned to the Product strategy & roadmap.
- Perform the role of Sponsor of key initiatives/projects to ensure timely delivery versus pre-agreed business case objectives.
- Develop and maintain Product standards that underpin the product delivery model and align to operational procedures and risk management standards.
- Develop and maintain Product rate cards that accommodate the range of client segments and commercial models that IS targets.
- Develop and maintain sales support material and messaging that emphasize the Product value-add and competitive differentiators of RBC IS.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Canadian Asset Management industry, in particular applicable regulatory frameworks and key industry trends.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with Clients, Centers of Influence, Industry Bodies, and Regulators in the Canadian market
- Play a leadership role in the management of external delivery partners including relationship reviews, contractual negotiations, & delivery/service issues.
- Work constructively and effectively with core RBC IS delivery partners to achieve mutually aligned business objectives, including Client Operations, Data Management Office, Technology & Operations, Client Success, Business Development, Risk Management & Profitability & Pricing
What do you need to succeed?
- BA or BSc in business, other relevant degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the asset servicing, asset management, finance or other related business
- Highly organized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial with drive to deliver outstanding results
- Strong leadership, relationship management, communications skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Comfort working in ambiguous situations and across different parts of the organization
- Gravitas to convey ideas with credibility to senior management, clients and industry influencers
- Exceptional creative problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with a bias towards data-based evidence to support business concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, independent, high pressure corporate environment
- Demonstrated expertise in the specific Product area, i.e.; Fund Accounting & Administration
- MBA, MMA, CFA or post-graduate in business or finance
- Professional qualifications from a recognized industry body
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the RBC I&TS business and gain knowledge and experience from a strong and diverse team
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.