Director, Equity Trader, Global Banking & Markets – Montreal
City : Montreal, QC, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175839
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Institutional Equity Trading Desk ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What you'll do:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Solicits business, executes orders, and manages complex situations as they arise, on a daily basis, delivering best-practice results and best execution at each turn.
- Fosters an environment of communication and accountability amongst the trading team, a fundamental necessity for peak performance on a trading desk.
- Leveraging existing customer relationships in order to expand business opportunities with other areas of GBM, and beyond, within the bank.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions, and executing all decisions with those factors in mind.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Build/grow relationships with institutional clients to drive revenue growth in the portfolio trading business through client visits, marketing, etc.
- Deepen client relationships, promote cross-sell of other products such as index research, corporate trading, etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel, VBA and Bloomberg. Python, SQL and Matlab experience an asset
- Able to multitask in a high-pressure environment with superior attention to detail
- Strategic and innovative thinker with strong problem-solving skills, including ability to understand financial impact of choices
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Relevant professional designation and/or working towards CFA
- 10+ years of work experience in the financial industry, specifically capital markets & trading
- Coverage of European and US accounts an asset
The candidate must be a registrant in good standing currently or be capable of being registered (promptly) to trade on all the Exchanges in Canada for both Canadian and US customers.
The necessary proficiencies would include:
- In Canada: CSC, CPH and TTC (Traders Training Course unless previously registered as a trader).
- In the US: Series 37 and Series 63
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English and they will serve and English-speaking clientele
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.