DIRECTOR ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS SERVICES (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Information & Technology
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 43325
Job Category: Information & Technology
Division & Section: Technology Services, Technology Services Delivery
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John St, Toronto, M5V 3C6
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $160,062.00 - $200,026.00, TM2145, WG10.0
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 06-FEB-2024 to 23-FEB-2024
The City of Toronto is the fourth largest city in North America and the fourth largest government in Canada, with a highly diverse and multicultural population. In addition, the City of Toronto has several agencies and corporations including the Toronto Police Service, Toronto Public Library, and the Toronto Transit Commission, which make up the broader municipal organization.
Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, Toronto is home to more than 2.9 million people whose diversity and experiences make this great city Canada’s leading economic engine and one of the world’s most diverse and livable cities.
Toronto is a global leader in technology, finance, film, music, culture, and innovation, and consistently places at the top of international rankings due to investments championed by its government, residents, and businesses.
In its pursuit of modernizing City services through strategic investment, digital transformation, and a culture of innovation, the Technology Services Division collaborates with all City Divisions, agencies, boards, and corporations to deliver client centric business solutions and secure, reliable IT infrastructure.
Embarking on a transformative journey, the Technology Services Division is reshaping its culture and service delivery approach, focusing on four key priorities:
- Build Resilient Foundations: Establish a robust, reliable, and secure technology infrastructure.
- Deliver User-Centric Solutions: Provide enterprise-grade modern solutions with a focus on user experience.
- Harness Data Power: Utilize data to drive operational processes and informed decision-making Citywide.
- Empower Stakeholders: Engage and empower stakeholders to foster a culture of agility and innovation.
As the Director, Enterprise Solutions Services, you will report directly to the Deputy, Chief Technology Officer, Technology Services Delivery and will lead a team dedicated to the support and delivery of the City’s Enterprise applications including, the SAP Financial and Human Capital Management systems, Workforce Management systems, Information & Records Management solutions, and Enterprise GIS & Geospatial Services teams. The successful candidate will have experience leading large, complex technical teams and projects focusing on excellent Customer Service and Service Delivery, life cycle management, and application and solution modernization.
This role focuses on leading the team towards a collaborative and performance-based culture, implementing transformative, high-quality technologies and services throughout the City.
Specifically, you will provide leadership in the areas of:
- Set the overall strategic direction for the Enterprise Solutions Services section of the Technology Services Division. Establish goals and objectives aligned with corporate priorities, to enhance innovation and efficiency, and to improve service delivery.
- Develop and implement technology roadmaps for complex enterprise solutions and applications and lead the technology expansion and modernization of the City’s SAP, GeoSpatial, Workforce Management and other enterprise applications.
- Provide strategic planning for technology capital investments, facilitate cross Division collaboration and service improvement opportunities to ensure technology investment priorities are aligned with corporate architecture direction and industry best practices.
- Build, deliver, and measure strategic execution roadmap in alignment with City and Divisional priorities.
- Partner with Divisions on requirements analysis, concept development and RFx’s.
Budget & Contract Management:
- Budget management, including planning and monitoring, reporting, and resource management and allocation, financial forecasting, cost analysis, and risk assessment for your operational and project budgets.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the section and ensures that the section's expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Provide consultation and assists divisions in developing technology investment plans, building business cases for funding approval, preparing budgets, establishing project framework and resources.
- Experience managing large, complex technology contracts and vendor relationships.
Program and Operations Delivery:
- Establish guidelines and provide oversight on program and operations delivery. Ensure the success of complex technology programs and projects; oversee risk, quality, and optimal program delivery.
- Ensure the development of resource management capability and tools to support the effective delivery of projects and operations including mechanisms for alternative funding models, and long/ short term options to provision needed resources.
- Ensure support and delivery of critical 24/7/365 technical services with a focus on excellent customer and service delivery.
Culture and Team Leadership:
- One Team: Cultivating a sense of unity where each member understands their purpose and impact.
- Performance & Resiliency: Building high performance and resiliency through modeling standards, trust, transparency, and respect.
- Creativity and Innovation: Encouraging creativity and innovation by welcoming diverse perspectives, promoting healthy debate, and questioning the status quo.
- Equity and Accountability: Respecting each other's ideas and leaning into equity and accountability, creating a sense of independence and ownership.
- Considerable Expertise in leading large, complex technology teams with a focus on enterprise solutions including Financial & Human Capital Management systems (preferably SAP), Workforce Management, GIS & Geospatial solutions and Records Management solutions and program delivery.
- Extensive experience providing leadership and mentoring to a diverse team.
- Experience managing a budget, including resourcing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Experience and leadership in developing strategic plans regarding large scale transformational enterprise technology systems.
- Considerable experience in change management and leading a large team through change.
- Considerable experience directing research for technology directions, architecture, methodologies, and trends concerning infrastructure technology best practices and service delivery.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders inclusive of other levels of government and agencies to promote a client centric solution integration and innovation.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.