Director Engineering and Technical Direction
Sanofi Pasteur LTD
1755 Steeles Avenue West,
M2R 3T4, Canada
+1 (416) 667-2711
The mission of the Director Engineering & Technical Direction is defined by the guidelines of Technical Services management and in accordance with Sanofi Pasteur IA strategy and priorities. The position falls within the responsibility of the Technical Services group. The mission of the Technical Engineering Director is to ensure the technical quality of engineering design and deliverables including industrial performance from the estimation phase until the closure of the projects. The role is also responsible to provide technical expertise to support maintenance troubleshooting, reliability and compliance when required.
Project Based Activities:
Advise project leaders on technical deliverables and ensure quality of technical solutions. Maintain technical control of project:
- Organize and Lead PTI reviews in consultation with the project manager.
- Review status of Manufacturing Technology deliverables in Preliminary phase.
- Provide integrated routine SME guidance and review to technical project staff.
- Ensure design work and deliverables by engineering contractor meets internal quality and standards.
- Responsible for enforcement of best practices and global quality requirements in design process.
- Ensure design meets specific site requirements.
- Make sure design is consistent with project schedule.
- Make sure design is consistent with project budget.
- Select technical competencies required for project execution.
- Evaluate competencies of technical engineers and advise project manager for initial selection and during execution.
- Understand and mitigate technical risks to project.
- Engage and involve global GEM in the design process.
- Contribute to projects in case of critical situation.
- Participate in Peer Review process as required.
Site Based and Global Activities:
Interface with GEM Global Project Technical Services Leader and other Engineering Organizations:
- Apply the guidelines defined by Global Engineering Practices.
- Define and maintain site standards.
- Participate in Global Sanofi technology committees and networks.
- Maintain and enhance Global network and communications.
- Develop direction of technical competency evolution with Global input.
- Develop global lessons learned to share with network.
- Ensure SME are familiar with site manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Develop and enhance regional and site networks.
- Implement standard engineering analysis methods.
- Support reliability studies providing technical expertise.
- Support troubleshooting with SMEs when required.
- Engage global in recruitment interviews and selection.
Responsible for developing and leading a team of internal and external resources, and working collaboratively with team members as well as capital project team members, and internal and external partners. Refine operational interfaces of new platform:
- Team Development: for internal resources:
- Determine the team resource requirements, recruit, define and maintain current job descriptions, support resource development in area of expertise for the matrix organization.
- Defining annual individual objectives, and evaluation of priorities and key competencies twice a year.
- Sharing clear objectives to attain same goals within the team.
- Defining and development of competencies in collaboration with the regional and site engineering organizations.
- Setting up individual development plans for skill and career growth, and reviewing progress on a continuous basis.
- Talent management.
- Ensure high level of Project execution and Good Engineering Practices competencies and skills.
- Ensure HSE and Quality compliance is applied as required to the projects, and support as required.
- Ensure all training requirements are satisfied for you, direct reports, and contractors if necessary.
- For external resources:
- Ensure alignment of goals and objectives.
- Work with PM to maintain team cohesion.
- Minimum B.S., Biochemical , Chemical or Mechanical Engineering .
Masters degree or professional certification desirable
- Minimum 15 to 20 years professional experience in the pharma or biopharma industry
- Major capital project management execution.
Significant experience in fermentation/bioreactors and/or typical separation & purification technology applications in biologicals manufacturing. Experience in filling, inspection and packaging applications in biologicals manufacturing is also required. Basic knowledge of process control & automation systems is desirable. Demonstrated ability to achieve results within an international corporate environment. Demonstrated success leading and coaching technical teams to achieve desired technical results. Proficient in engineering analysis and methods
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.