DIRECTOR DIGITAL GOVERNMENT & MODERNIZATION (toronto, ON, CA, m1c5j2)
City : Toronto
Category : Information & Technology
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 34205
- Job Category: Information & Technology
- Division & Section: Technology Services, Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street, Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $150,823.40-$177,213.40, TM2111 and Wage Grade 10
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 23-Feb-2023 to 09-Mar-2023
To provide leadership in the planning, development and execution of a shared vision for digital government and modernization in the City of Toronto. To direct internal business modernization and innovation to enable delivery of online services, automation of processes, predictive analytics, data sharing and interoperable technology platforms.
- Develops, designs and implements functional policies and programs that make major changes in overall business performance based on long-term needs. Contributes to the continuous improvement of divisional performance through analysis and the development and implementation of sound management practices and procedures, provides program management staff with direction and guidance, processes and tools to increase efficiencies and improve effectiveness of the services provided by this section.
- Directs, through subordinate management staff, all activities of the section, delegating management responsibility.
- Leads and motivates a diverse workforce, ensures effective teamwork, ensures high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Develops, recommends and administers the annual budget for the section, and ensures that the section's expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Works collaboratively and in conjunction with the Corporate Employee Relations team when resolving employee relations issues.
- Provides corporate wide leadership in business modernization and automation of processes to innovate and improve service delivery.
- Ensures strategic alignment with technical implementations by leveraging internal and external partnerships.
- Directs technology strategy and business planning in cooperation and partnership with city divisions, boards and commissions. Identifies opportunities where data and technology can be leveraged to enhance City business and support digital service delivery.
- Directs the development of Data Visualization techniques required for data quality, currency and completeness.
- Directs and contributes to the development of Artificial Intelligence strategy for the City, that will enable business strategy through centering on business processes, client engagement and employee productivity.
- Directs provision of land information products and services that are meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Oversees and directs the development of reusable common software components. Promotes use of standard tools, processes and procedures.
- Ensure representation in strategic planning, architectures and solutions development, in cooperation with other functional areas of I&T.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of divisional performance through analysis and the development and implementation of sound management practices and procedures.
- Evaluates alternative delivery options and partnerships to ensure effective and successful delivery of technology solutions.
- Provides oversight and direction for research in artificial intelligence, data visualization, process automation, data sharing and interoperable technology platforms and recommends strategies and policies which would support the service delivery objectives.
- Oversees all activities including development of work plans and priorities. Aligns people, budget and other resources to realize maximum return on investment.
- Leads organizational change and facilitates coaching and professional growth for motivated staff.
- Oversees, participates or supports in the recruitment selection and conducts performance reviews and performance plans for staff.
- Leads the creative and efficient use of resources that embraces innovation and focuses on results and effectiveness.
- Creates and maintains a positive work culture and encourages continuous learning and innovation. Builds a working environment consisting of high performing professionals. Recommends staff training and development as appropriate.
- Negotiates Operational Level Agreements with internal service providers. Monitors compliance and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Negotiates underpinning contracts with service providers and suppliers. Monitors compliance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Promotes working and productive relationships with other levels of government and private industry. Interacts with external organizations to take advantage of opportunities, services and knowledge.
- Represents the City on technology related advisory boards, steering committees and other bodies created by federal, provincial and local governments, private industry and academia.
- Prepares briefing notes and reports to Council on relevantl technology issues. Attends Committee and Council meetings and communicates with Executive and Senior Management as directed by the Chief Technology Officer.
Note To Current City of Toronto Employees
City of Toronto employees are eligible to apply for the posted job opportunity, but cannot hold two different jobs. To be considered for this job posting, you must indicate that you are a "Current City of Toronto employee" on the on-line application form, and provide your "Employee Number".
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.