Director, Digital and Data Custody Product Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Director, Product Transformation will have overall accountability to drive and execute the digital and market data strategy for RBC’s Custody business. The role will involve leading a team to redesign existing operating models (process and controls) and digital capabilities that impact internal stakeholders and external clients. Critical to the role is the ability to work in partnership with internal teams (Product teams, Project Managers, Digital and Data Delivery, Client Success, Global Client Operations, Technology and Operations, and Business Development) to achieve targeted outcomes.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement the Market Data Services operating model for RBC I&TS product sets
- Drive products and services toward digital end-to-end processing and reporting standards to improve client experience, modernize services and maintain operating margins through lower costs
- Conduct complex strategic process reviews from an end-to-end lens (current and target state), identify impact to internal stakeholder groups (Global Client Operations, Client Success, Product) and external clients
- Ensure impact assessment documentation (process, controls, stakeholders, technology) is created and maintained for all initiatives
- Lead the design of the target state processes and related controls, ensure target state processes and controls align with product standards
- Work closely with the Project delivery team members to establish change implementation plans (inclusive of change readiness assessments) in line with overall project timelines, lead the implementation of identified process and controls changes across the aforementioned stakeholder groups
- Support communication efforts to stakeholder groups impacted by change
- Develop engagement strategies for aforementioned stakeholder groups
- Provide thought leadership around target state operating model(s), support the broader Product team in the design and efficiency of operating models
- Ensure training plans are developed and executed in line with project implementation plans
What do you need to succeed?
- BA or BSc in business, or other relevant degree
- 8-10+ years’ experience in digital and market data services for custody /securities services
- Experience in developing and implementing effective change management strategies in support of complex transformational initiatives impacting a broad group of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort working in ambiguous situations and across different parts of the organization
- Highly organized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial with drive to deliver outstanding client service in a timely manner
- Strong leadership, relationship management and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Gravitas to convey ideas with credibility to senior management
- Proven project manager experience including management of multiple, highly visible projects
- Exceptional creative problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, independent, high pressure corporate environment
- MBA, MMA, CFA or post-graduate in business or finance
- Prosci certified change practitioner
- Experience in business process re-engineering
- Professional qualifications from a recognized industry body
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the RBC I&TS business and gain knowledge and experience from a strong and diverse team
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.