Director, Digital Accessibility, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174757
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here — and it starts with you.
The Director of Accessibility, Digital Accessibility will articulate and advocate for digital accessibility to ensure that Scotiabank’s digital experiences are accessible and that they reflect the diversity and needs of our customers and employees. As a team you advocate for the principles of accessibility and inclusive design throughout the software development lifecycle and educate, support and mentor others to build the capacity and confidence to meet this goal.
Reporting to the Head of Accessibility, you will be a key member of Scotia Digital’s Design and Product Community and will lead a team of Digital Accessibility experts. This will be a key leadership role responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of a scalable digital accessibility program. We’re looking for an individual with an innate sense of curiosity, strategic thinking approach, resilience and a blend of business and technology, who is committed to ensuring that digital experiences are accessible for all.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Drives the short and long term strategy, vision and execution of a digital accessibility program at Scotia Digital and the broader Bank with the goal of delivering world class accessible digital experiences.
- Actively engages with the community of persons with disabilities to understand their digital accessibility experiences and to communicate their needs, desires and experiences to drive innovation and action.
- Establishes and evolves standards, guidelines, best practices, scalable processes and systemic frameworks for implementing, sustaining and maturing a digital accessibility across the enterprise.
- Practices and encourages data informed decisions to drive progress, monitor adoption and ensure our work positively impacts the experience of customers with disabilities.
- Supports regulatory compliance requirements and reporting.
- Communicates the accessibility value proposition and impact to both internal and external audiences.
- You are a collaborative leader who will direct, guide, grow and mentor a diverse team of digital accessibility specialists and will help your team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to ensure high quality on-time delivery.
- Promotes partnerships and collaboration with Design, Product and Engineering communities, Delivery, Analytics and other key players within the Digital Banking organization to conceptualize accessible, usable, consistent and intuitive experiences across multiple platforms and devices, that make our customer’s experience useful, engaging and effective while supporting our business goals and consider market context, regulation, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, metrics, usability findings and technology constraints
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a role building customer facing digital products and experiences, in successively senior leadership positions
- 2+ years defining and leading an enterprise accessibility program an asset
- High level of awareness of disability related issues.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility laws, guidelines, concepts, and best practices as it applies to digital products and services, the functional requirements of individuals with different types of disabilities and digital accessibility standards including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and EN301-549.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills and a strategic thinking approach to solving problems and identifying innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the complexities, challenges and opportunities of accessibility and inclusive design to technical and non-technical audiences with various skillsets.
- Must have excellent relationship building and strategic influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work while multi-tasking on several high-profile projects with a keen eye on details
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Thorough understanding of human-centered approach and methods to design.
- A leader that exercises flexibility and openness, with the courage to defend unpopular points of view when they add value for the customer or the business.
- Commitment to get things done and willingness to immerse at the tactical level when necessary.
- A passion for changing the way people bank; a willingness to live in the future and build what’s missing.
- An expert at delivering performance feedback (recognizing strong performers and coaching under performers).
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Work arrangements: Fully Remote
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.