City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Program Directors
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 146666
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Provides delivery direction, leadership & technology ownership for customer information solutions across Canadian Banking Technology. This ranges from design, development, delivery to support the Bank’s Customer Information mandate with a focus on increasing business value through Customer Management Strategy.
The Director, Customer Information Systems, is responsible for developing shared customer information for Canadian Banking Technology. This individual must therefore be able to listen and guide the extended team during planning sessions; and be able to immerse into complex customer information systems. We are looking for a competent leader expert that can define and execute our Canadian Banking technology Customer Strategy in alignment with Enterprise Strategy and Standards.
- Lead Customer Information teams to ensure a highly scalable, extensible, and performant solutions.
- Provide strategic solutions for our continual needs for scalability and resiliency.
- Translate resulting architecture or resulting design into capabilities and platforms that comply with existing (and evolving) standards and best practices.
- Key contributor to the overall success of the organization ensuring specific goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage platform capabilities effectively, deliver future proof technology solutions and take a leading role in initiatives to drive innovation and digital transformation throughout the Bank. This will be achieved through defining a business technology roadmap focused on customer information and intelligent interaction, API integration, Analytics and Cloud based solutions.
- Deliver on solution architecture, system and solution designs, and lead cross functional implementation of IT solutions to enable business value
- Lead the implementation of transformative technology initiatives to enable Canadian Banking Technology’s success through increased efficiency, reduced cost, faster time to market
- Champion the Canadian Banking Technology customer information and communication systems in accordance with policies including data security, scalability, integrity, accessibility and data driven decision making by buying/building/adopting the right tools, culture and processes in alignment with the Enterprise directions.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Uses multiple strategies to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of Technology Talent; building a cohesive team with a shared vision. Provides strong leadership in setting the groups priorities, strategy and performance objectives. Motivates individual and team performance, knowledge sharing, interprets organizational direction, measures performance and diagnoses training and development needs.
Is this role right for you?
- 10 years of experience in a leadership role with technical architecture, data, application development or delivery focus
- Experience managing operating budgets and project budgets
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
- Experience with vendor product assessment & selection, vendor management & negotiating contractual terms
- Proven ability to deliver platforms and capabilities and managing solutions through the lifecycle
- Significant experience leading complex solution implementations and team sizes ranging from 50 to 100 resources
- Experience with customer information technologies.
- Deep understanding of heterogeneous infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging technology trends related to customer information systems – e.g. Mainframe, IBM MDM, Customer communication, Cloud, API integration, and leading transformational change incorporating modern technologies.
- Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Credit Card Processing
- Subject area experience with anti-money laundering & KYC, compliance and regulatory requirements (such as AML, CASL, OSFI) is an asset
- Tools skills/experience in Mainframe, Midrange, Cloud (Google, Azure), PCF, Java based platforms and frameworks, APIs, Micro service architectures & cloud components.
- Considerable experience transforming a delivery team to adopt Agile principles and operate in an DevOps environment enabling CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery).
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.