Director, Cyber Technology & Cloud Security Integration (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Cyber Technology Operations and Cloud Security Integration team is looking for a director who is experienced in both Cyber Security and Cloud in order to lead a team of highly skilled individuals to design, test, and deploy enterprise-wide Cyber Security solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience managing large-scale enterprise security products, managing teams, and driving highly critical initiatives to completion.
The Director of Cyber Technology and Cloud Security Integration is responsible for evaluating technologies, which includes requirements gathering, proof of concept, design, build, and transition to steady state. Regularly working with clients, business partners, and vendors, you will resolve incidents/problems, perform root cause analysis, and deliver infrastructure changes across the Global RBC Enterprise.
If you are a strong technical professional with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technologies and leading a highly technical team, we have a spot for you on our team.
What will you do?
- Manage a highly technical team of engineers, integration analysts, and developers – providing leadership and coaching to ensure best-in-class design and operations of security solutions
- Partner with upstream and downstream stakeholders to prioritize and influence security initiatives, as well as provide thought leadership
- Establish a strategic roadmap for your team and ensure that the delivery of your roadmap is aligned with your upstream and downstream partners
- Manage the deployment of new technologies, as well as ongoing maintenance of existing enterprise technologies - ensuring safety and soundness with security and stability top of mind
- Manage budgets for the technologies that you own as well as new technology acquisitions, which will include regular interactions with Finance, Procurement, and third-party suppliers
- Drive technology evaluations to ensure we are leveraging the technologies of best fit
- Ensure stability by acting as an escalation point for operational teams on a 24x7 basis, taking part in incident response, problem management, and root cause analysis
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of professional experience including security, public cloud, infrastructure, and/or application leadership experience.
- 7+ years of engineering or integration management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams specifically in Network or Cloud Security.
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills with the ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management capabilities.
- A strong understanding of cyber technologies and the financial services industry.
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high-quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing large-scale security deployments in a global organization
- Cyber security or related designation(s): CISSP, GCIH, CCSP, CISA, CISM
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
- Experience with Automation, DevOps, SRE
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to develop industry-leading solutions that target cyber security concerns within a mature organization
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.