Director, Cyber Security and Technology Risk
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most hard-working minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology powers exciting retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel, and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Director, Cyber Security and Technology Risk, Toronto, ON
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and partners expect of us.
What you will do:
- Be part of a team that will establish best in class capabilities. You will work with executives and directors from across the Loblaw family of companies and key suppliers, partners, vendors, and managed service providers. As part of the cyber security team you will ensure we can react swiftly and contain cyber threats effectively.
- Priority will be to work with PC Financial and Services, to align and mature security programs and frameworks, transitioning to assessments of new initiatives to catch issues earlier and remediate gaps quicker.
- Your knowledge of security technologies, security frameworks, privacy, security threats, technology and security operations processes, incident management, vendor assurance, project assurance, PHI, PCI-DSS compliance, will help you build a team to support your area of operation.
- The team you join will support colleague and vendor teams that operate across Canada, and work closely with other company partners including privacy, legal, risk management, information technology, and loss prevention.
- To be an effective team member, you will: Implement and develop security solutions and documentation Experience building clouds in GCP and Azure Conduct security assessments reviews and testing Implement security automation Implement cloud security controls using firewalls and security SAS services Implement encryption and tokenization solutions to protect information Contribute to operation excellence and efficiency
What you will need:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Professional Security Certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GIAC)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or willingness to complete CCSP promptly
- Professional experience in GCP, including engineering and development of pipelines and resource architectures. Cloud security training on GCP or Azure. Coding skills in Python or equivalent
- Professional experience in Cyber or Information Security. Hands on experience in an Information technology role. Knowledge on information technology, security technology, security threats and trends
- Conceptual skills in Cloud infrastructure, Network, Operating systems, and software development. Conceptual knowledge around firewalls, intrusion prevention and SIEM technologies
- Skills in influencing without authority, collaboration, business relationship management and communication
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a phenomenal team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.