Director, Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Strategy (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this senior leadership Director, Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Strategy role, you will manage/oversee the technology research, planning, design, development, and implementation of diverse and highly complex Identity & Access Management (IAM) systems (e.g. Adaptive Authentication) used to secure and manage RBC Customer Identities. Moreover, you will work with your peers on the Strategy team to formulate the overall strategic goals and prioritization. You will also be responsible for the identification and realization of opportunities for application portfolio optimization and managing technical relationships with vendors whose software products form part of the group's solutions.
What will you do?
- Define the Customer IAM IT strategic direction; provide technology thought-leadership and strategic solutions that enhances and supports business processes and enables IT Risk Functional Unit in achieving their goals.
- Provides leadership and expert counsel in establishing and implementing standards, guidelines, and best practices for the development and deployment of solutions.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture and various Business partners to enhance and drive the overall technology strategy and to achieve business alignment and strategic business objectives.
- Participates and contributes to the definition of overall systems architecture to support the business objectives and to ensure that there is a consistent use of technology and architecture.
- Champions strong IT governance through PMF and SDLC execution and delivery; Overall Governance & oversight of projects and management documents.
- Champions the creation of metrics and manages with a higher level of information i.e. at the trends and management indicator level; differentiates between project and program metrics.
- Promotes innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices.
What do you need to succeed?
- 10-12 years of experience in IAM with significant experience in architecture and strategy.
- Experience in vendor management and contract negotiation
- Deep knowledge of IAM products, relevant technology, and industry best practices
- Ability to identify and mitigate gaps in all aspects of an organization’s IAM maturity
- Extensive experience in Customer Identity and Access Management
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM, and audit requirements
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.