Director – Core Banking Architect
City : Jersey City, New Jersey, United States of America
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC is seeking an onboarding expert within our Banking Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. You will work collaboratively with vendors and manage front to back functions to ensure projects objectives are achieved. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all functions defined in our roadmap.
Lead Architect, Core and Deposits will be responsible for the overall solution architecture of multiple Cash Management workstreams focused on core domain. You will accomplish this with team work and collaborate with application development teams, business stakeholders and other lead architects to ensure solutions are aligned to business and technology strategy. With a can-do mind set, you will resolve architectural problems in a structured and systematic manner. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do?
- Take ownership of Key architecture decisions. You will author important architecture decisions (ADs) ensuring thorough reviews by all stakeholders. You will organize and lead the review of ADs through all levels of architecture governance.
- Develop and Socialize end-to-end target architecture roadmaps and solution blueprints.
- Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues.
- You will provide mentoring and coaching to help nurture the development of developers and architects and help ensure a healthy talent pool for succession planning.
- Closely work with engineering teams in implementing the target state solutions.
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of experience in IT specifically in Solutions Architecture.
- Expert knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design and technology integration, problem solving, expressing architecture patterns and defining complex solution architectures
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, T&O management, RBC business groups, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others
- Financial services experience in at least one of the following domains : client data, deposits, retail investments, card systems
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to have technology experience
- Experience in APIs, Micro services and Event Based Architectures
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms
- Experience leading and/or working with technical squads using Agile Methodology
- Experience designing resilient enterprise applications using On Premises and Cloud computing platforms
Nice to Have Business experience
- Transactional Banking
- Cash Management Banking
- Accounting and Ledgers
- Payment systems
- ISO 20022
- ERPs and ERP Integration
- Experience with the following vendor systems/applications: e.g. Temenos, Infosys Finacle, FIS, Finastra, Fiserv, Bottomline, Salesforce, Fenergo
- Experience with Client un-boarding, KYC, and related client relationship management and workflows
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position is $210K - $250K depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. This salary range does not include other elements of total compensation, including a discretionary bonus and benefits such as a 401(k) program with company-matching contributions; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; and paid time-off plan.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
· Drives RBC’s high performance culture
· Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
· Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.