Director, Communications – Joe Fresh (12 month contract)
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
We’re looking for an ambitious, self motivated brand storyteller with a proven track record of bringing brand to life at the intersection of traditional PR and communications, social media, and brand partnerships. The successful candidate will be a true ambassador for the brand, for developing existing and new partnerships for the brand to align with business objectives, and for building influence and driving execution with internal teams to ensure brand positioning is defined and clearly communicated across all channels. The Director, Integrated Communications will own and manage the brand story internally and externally, work cross functionally across the enterprise to support larger corporate initiatives (including corporate communications and ESG), and ultimately build and defend the brand reputation of Joe Fresh in the Canadian market through oversight of this dynamic portfolio
What you'll do:
- Lead, develop and execute both external and internal communications, creating a cohesive communication strategy across the organization, and act as a custodian of the corporate identity and overall reputation of the company
- Lead a diverse team to do great work. Foster an open environment with space to innovate, question, and learn
- Lead media relations and proactively identify and secure media opportunities across fashion, business, and industry publications
- Provide communications support and counsel to executives and functional business areas
- With the Sr. Manager, Brand Partnerships, drive the optimization of Joe Fresh influencer and brand partnerships to drive growth and sales objectives
- Secure new marketing partnerships in alignment with business priorities
- Drive growth of JF social media channels, including both key KPIs and bringing forward innovation and opportunities that respond to the changing social landscape. Work with internal team and influencer partners to ensure brand positioning is reflected in social channels
- In partnership with the corporate ESG team and internal stakeholders, build and maintain brand positioning and communication on all ESG efforts
- Build, own, and maintain the JF corporate communications on joefresh.com, and support marketing teams in this messaging across all marketing materials
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree (Business, Marketing preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in communications, social media, and influencer relations
- Strength in leading people and partners – understands how to bring the best out in others
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Proven strategic planning and project management capabilities, including the ability to create and communicate a vision for the future and translate it into clear priorities, strategies and tactics
- Proven experience with influencer marketing and thought leadership in brand partnerships
- Experience leading cross functional teams and managing direct and indirect reports
- Collaborative and positive attitude with passion for questioning assumptions and answering questions with data to unlock value for the enterprise
- Confidence managing budgets and reporting to provide ROI on all key programs and partnerships
- Confidence working in a fast paced environment and pivoting in season to react to changing landscapes
- Brand, product and retail experience
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.