Director, Client Value Proposition, Insurance – International Banking – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192716
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Director, Client Value Proposition - Insurance | International Banking
Leads and oversees client value proposition design for IB Insurance for both creditor and non-creditor insurance products by developing and managing product offer that meet client needs, in alignment with the Retail Bank strategy. Responsible for establishing relevant and meaningful offerings, and optimized client journeys while ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads and drives a client focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develops and implementing the insurance customer value proposition that attract and retains clients in identified priority segments and in support of our long-term strategic vision to build strong primary client relationships
- Leads and oversees Products & Client Value Proposition (CVP) Governance team in International Banking ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in conjunction with local Product & CVP teams, in compliance with governing regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the Partnership Director Insurance in finding partners that support the development of segment driven products as well as identifying unique opportunities to differentiate the company’s offerings from the competitors.
- Collaborate and works in close cooperation with the (Retail) distribution teams to ensure that products are part of client journeys and offered at the right time in all of the Bank’s distribution channels
- Provides expert advise, coordinates and assist with the development of training programs for advisory roles with focus on priority segments
- Works closely with countries to conduct market research and analysis to understand customer needs and preferences for each segment. Monitors customer feedback and market trends to continuously refine and enhance the customer value proposition.
- Works closely with the Director Performance Management, monitors KPI’s on product performance such as new sales, cancellations, attrition, and loss ratio monthly. Takes timely action to improve performance, either thresholds are breached, or performance is trending in the wrong direction.
- Perform product and client analysis in close cooperation with Business Analytic and Actuarial teams to optimized revenues and enhance lifetime values.
- Lead the design and development of new product offerings and the continuous improvement to existing products and journeys, in conjunction with the Bank’s Retail strategy.
- The incumbent seeks to develop and provide products that expand primary banking relationships for the Bank’s priority segments, attract new clients, and ensures sustained profitable growth.
- Product Bundling & Pricing: Craft product bundles/discounts to increase client retention and offer a competitive product.
- Product Expertise: Internalization of product expertise/knowledge across insurance products and carriers
- Advise and work with our external partners to define and evolve business needs and requirements to support the Creditor and Non-Creditor platforms.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- University degree with a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in financial services with significant experience of the Insurance industry
- Expert knowledge of Insurance & Retail Banking products (e.g., Creditor Insurance, Stand-alone/Life Insurance and Property & Casualty, and/or Loans, Residential Mortgages, Credit Cards, Line of Credit, Deposits and Investments), related sales and operational processes & procedures
- Highly knowledgeable and demonstrated ability to develop sound client value proposition design strategies
- Projects a strong executive presence with proven success in connecting with different functional areas, partner groups and member groups; an articulate communicator he/she will bring experience presenting at all levels as well as one-on-one.
- Experience developing strategic plans and a proven ability to communicate, develop and successfully implement operational, sales, digital, product and delivery strategies in both Spanish and English.
- Excellent planning and strategic thinking skills, with solid understanding of P/L levers and competitive landscape
- Excellent persuasion and negotiating skills, to build constructive, supported solutions often in the absence of direct decision authority
- High credibility with senior management team, channel line management as well as business lines and other functional areas across International Banking
- Demonstrated ability in leading professional staff across a distributed network.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, with limited support.
- Highly proficient power point skills with the ability to build long term strategies, tell the story and execute on the plans
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
- Moderate travel internationally.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.