Director, CFS Finance
City : PRINCE GEORGE, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title: Director CFS Finance – BC North (Prince George)
What is the opportunity?
As Director, Commercial Financial Services (CFS) Finance, you are part of a team of client-facing credit professionals aligned to our senior commercial client segment within CFS, defined as commercial clients with annual sales revenue between $25MM and $100MM. You play a key role in realizing our business growth objectives through the structuring, delivery and management of credit for a portfolio of large commercial clients. You will lead the end-to-end credit relationship for a defined portfolio of clients with a focus on loan origination and ongoing portfolio quality oversight. You contribute to an exceptional client experience by providing superior business, financial and credit advice directly to clients.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with client relationship managers to structure, deliver, close, and monitor loan transactions, including credit submissions to Group Risk Management (GRM) and transaction presentations to clients
- Collaborate with client relationship managers in the preparation and presentation of credit pitches that clearly articulate advantages and benefits of proposed credit solutions to existing and potential clients Demonstrate RBC’s capability to provide customized and creative credit solutions in a timely manner and deliver credit solutions that meet or exceed our client’s needs
- Manage all aspects of the credit approval process including Commitments Committee and GRM, developing strong working relationships with National Office personnel and risk managers.
- Actively develop, strengthen and deepen client relationships and engage with key RBC partners including Group Risk Management, Private Banking, Corporate Client Group (including the ABL, MM Leverage Finance and Mezzanine teams), National Specialized Solutions (e.g. Leasing, Trade Finance), Personal Banking, and others
- Exercise due diligence in recommending credit applications, working in collaboration with Risk Management, especially in supporting risk processes and guidelines in order to find the appropriate mix of credit risk and structural mitigants.
- Maintain portfolio quality oversight through proactive portfolio management, including annual credit renewals, covenant monitoring and control
What do you need to succeed?
Proven track record in financial and credit analysis in support of exceptional client relationship management
Minimum five years’ experience in commercial lending at a major financial institution
Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, or Finance with strong quantitative, financial modeling, and analytical skills, as well as an ability to analyze company financial statements Strong skills with Microsoft Office, as well as experience with emerging resources, communications and technology (e.g. online data resources, web-based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
Professional verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail in both written work and financial analysis
Strong organizational skills, ability to perform well under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- MBA, CPA or CFA
- Work experience in corporate lending / corporate finance
- Trained in credit and accounting with an ability to manage complex concepts
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonuses, and flexible benefits
- Continued opportunities for career advancement
- World-class sales training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Support from a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high performing team, as well as world-class tools and training
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.