Director, Business Improvement
City : Saint John
Category : Quality Management
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Director of Business Improvement
The Transportation and Logistics division of J.D. Irving, Ltd. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future with our new Digital Strategy. Our businesses are diverse and exciting, and our quality products and services meet and often exceed our customer expectations because we believe in continuous improvement and innovation. We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a Director of Business Improvement located in our Saint John, N.B head office.
Reporting to the Group Vice President, this role influences key stakeholders in our businesses to build and leverage cohesive relationships toward a culture of continuous improvement. This role leads a team of business improvement and analytics professionals who facilitate process improvement and change initiatives across the division. Using cutting edge analytics and methodology the team provides a variety of services to the ten businesses in the Transportation & Logistics Division.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post Secondary Degree in a related discipline
- Experience leading lean transformations and/or leading six sigma projects
- Experience in leading digital transformations in businesses would be an asset
- Six Sigma Belt certification from a recognized institution/company
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching for success
- Lean improvement and deployment methodology
- Six Sigma improvement methodology
- Basic knowledge of predictive/prescriptive/machine learning models
- Experience working with Tableau or other data visualization and analytics tools
- Change Management experience
- Basic Financial knowledge
- Previous P&L experience would be an asset
Please apply online. We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Transportation Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.