Director, Audit People Programs
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Human Resources
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
The Director, HR Compliance will improve service delivery, operational excellence and drive compliance by developing and leading a dynamic team of audit, compliance and HR professionals in HR investigations and payroll / HR process audits. Reporting to the SVP of HR Digitization & Total Reward, this role will collaborate with leaders in HR, payroll, labour management, compliance and internal audit across the Enterprise to define and implement an HR management control strategy, including efficient and effective audit processes, to ensure HR policies, procedures, system configuration and documentation are in compliance with statutory rules and regulations. This role will also build an HR investigation centre of excellence to ensure Integrity Action Line cases are being responded to and closed in a timely manner while analyzing trends and developing mitigating strategies to reduce volume cases
What You’ll do:
- Partner with and provide strategic leadership and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, leaders, and COEs to ensure adherence to HR policies and pay practices to further LCL’s maturity around payroll regulatory compliance. Advise on any required changes
- Develop team of subject matter experts in the critical systems that support pay rule configuration in the organization (STAS, Workday, Kronos, etc) to perform continuous monitoring of pay rule configurations against ESA and CBA minimum requirements to ensure compliance and identify potential cost savings
- Ensure appropriate documentation is retained to support the pay rule system configurations
- Ensure Integrity Action Line cases are being responded to and closed in a timely manner. Analyze data/trends and make appropriate recommendations for mitigation; provide quarterly updates to HR and Business leadership for awareness. Advise on any required changes.
- Lead and inspire a team to achieve the goals and objectives outlined
What You’ll Need
- Results oriented – consistently delivering on time and driving for results
- Enthusiastic team player with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, quality driven and detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to leverage resources (people, processes, technologies) to complete objectives effectively and efficiently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals within the team and in other departments and build strong collaborative working partnerships
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on verbal reasoning, resolution of issues and listening skills. Must be able to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with MS Suite with analytic skills that allow to build a compelling story, backed by data that enables recommendations
- Strong knowledge of internal auditing, control standards and internal consulting skills; Solid experience conducting internal reviews in adherence to professional standards.
- The ideal candidate holds a university degree or a professional internal audit and/or risk management designation
- Models our values and Blue Culture principles and is authentic, builds trust and makes connections.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.