Director, Agile Coach
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Sun Life is embarking on a multi-year transformation to a Digital Enterprise, to move to a new way of working, bringing Business, IT and Operations closer together in delivering Client value.
As Director, Agile Coach the incumbent is required to be a highly experienced agile and delivery practitioner with demonstrated success in the implementation of scaled agile/agile frameworks and methodologies. The incumbent will lead a team of coaches, create and execute a coaching strategy, and track the agile progression against the Digital Enterprise and business unit transformation goals. Working with multiple agile teams, coaches, leaders, sponsors and stakeholders, the coach will help increase agile maturity towards delivering on commitments to achieve business value, build high-performing teams and be a catalyst for change.
What will you do?
- Span all aspects of agile delivery from coaching to setting strategic direction of the agile practice within the business unit
- Engage sponsoring executives, IT, Business leads and teams to establish trusted partnerships that enable commitment to agile practices across the business unit.
- Determine fit-for-purpose agility solutions for our business partners by providing hands on coaching, guidance & support within the Digital Enterprise framework
- Stand up new agile programs/teams, provide coaching and consulting, support the development and ongoing improvements in becoming self-organizing, self-managing and highly functional programs/teams
- Oversee and create the coaching strategy and execution model for the business unit, ensuring that there is traceability in the enablement of effectiveness and value from the coaching team
- Lead facilitation of workshops (ex: story mapping, opportunity canvas, change canvas, customer journey mapping, value stream mapping etc.) and drive towards outcome
- Provide leadership in creating an environment of innovation and continuous improvement to facilitate scaling common agile practices, metrics and tools across agile teams
- Lead training sessions and provide the educational support on Agile principles and Scrum/ Kanban practices or any additional Agile techniques to increase execution, innovation and overall maturity
- Demonstrating Agile thought leadership and actively contribute to the Agile Excellence Domain by supporting the Agile Coach Chapter development (ex. leading/participating in Coaching CoP's, webinars, roadshows, forums, open spaces, practices alignment, etc...)
- Growing the Sun Life Agile community by participating in mentorship programs, identify and nurture high potential talent and investing in their development
- Partner with the Scrum Master Chapter & Project Management Chapter leadership to drive initiative and resourcing alignment
- Champion agile mindset, transparency, psychological safety, and drive towards a high-performing team culture
- Promote use of DevOps technical practices and tools
- Assess and coach teams to higher levels of performance, focus, commitment, respect, and openness while tracking acceleration metrics
- 1+ years experience leading other Agile Coaches including the creation of an Agile Coaching strategy at a program level.
- 3+ years of experience as an Agile Coach practitioner across large matrix'd organizations
- 2+ years of coaching executive and management in Agile mindset and leadership engagement
- 5+ years of experience prior experience in project management lifecycle
- Hands-on experience and previous accountability for delivery and coaching outcomes using Agile practices with disciplined expertise in scaled Agile with Scrum or Kanban. Additional scaled Agile methodologies will also be considered such as SAFe or LeSS.
- Creative ways of training and coaching teams (simulations, games, culture hacks etc.)
- Visible passion for agility, participation in domain activities, ability to organize related events
- Undergraduate degree, college diploma in a Technology or Business discipline
- Experience in DevOps and Agile Toolset (JIRA, Confluence) would be an asset
- Agile methodology training, certification preferred (eg. SAFe, PMI-ACP, PMI-DAC, ICC-ACC, ICP-CAT, ICP-ENT, PSM , CSM, CSPO or other Agile certification)
- Experience in insurance or financial industry is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork – 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces for Professional Development in Canada – 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces in Canada – 2022
- Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- Flexible hybrid work model including in-country (Canada) work-from-home if you prefer. #LI-Remote, or #LI-Hybrid.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture
- Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- A common sense dress code, where you decide how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:111,100/111 100 - 177,800/177 800
Posting End Date:11/12/2022