Director, Agency Operations
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
At Loblaw Agency, we expertly translate our customers’ needs into real, engaging work that speaks to Canadians and drives brand love. Join our growing team and come dream up original creative for some of Canada’s most loved and trusted brands!
The Director, Agency Operations, will possess a deep understanding of agency operations and creative workflow. They will also have vast experience leading a team of project and/or account managers, and a proven track record of delivering best-in-class campaigns for their clients. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, a creative problem-solver and a skilled leader. As the Director, Agency Operations, they will play a pivotal role in building trust with our Brand teams and shaping our agency’s culture and output.
The Director, Agency Operations, will report to the Sr. Director, Agency Operations, and oversee a team of agency operations professionals supporting our Shoppers Drug Mart division.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with agency and VP level marketing leadership to develop and implement processes that enable our agency teams and ensure the seamless delivery of best-in-class in-store and creative campaigns
- Be the key liaison between our agency teams and brand partners to help drive projects that are aligned with the goals of the organization
- Build relationships with key enterprise stakeholders to help facilitate the agency’s understanding and delivery on their key objectives
- Lead and inspire a team of operations professionals by providing guidance, support and mentorship to ensure a collaborative work environment that fosters outstanding performance and growth
- Hold team members accountable to deliver their obligations based on established brand and project plans
- Establish risk management methodology and support team members in risk escalation and mitigation
- Work with the Agency Ops team to design and iterate on processes as necessary to deliver best-in-class work to our clients
- Work with Agency Ops team to build and manage schedules, meetings, and agency resources based on the requirements of a particular division or project
- Stay up to date on key advancements in project management and ensure agency teams are adhering to industry best practices
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 8+ years of relevant, with a proven track record of successfully leading, managing, and delivering complex projects
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire and guide cross-functional teams
- PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP or CSM designations considered an asset
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in project management tools and MS Suite
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and adept at managing a high volume of projects simultaneously
- Experience with shopper marketing and/or in-store environment
- In-depth knowledge of production workflows, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Business acumen and a customer-focused approach
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.