Digital Technology Full Stack Developer
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Digital Technology Full Stack Developer - ( 220000XV )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. As part of the Innovation Office, the Digital Technology & Innovation team is composed of digital experts who conduct research and development to keep our teams—and our client’s projects—ahead of the technological curve. They implement established technologies and find emerging solutions for all business lines (Buildings, Energy & Resources, Environmental Services, Infrastructure, and Water), bridging existing knowledge domains and facilitating the integration of powerful tools and methods. The team’s goal is to make projects more efficient and help provide higher quality results to our clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a critical thinker, and highly interested in the application of new technologies and methods. While they will be a member of the Innovation Office, they will be accessible to Stantec’s project teams, supporting project work as needed.
Stantec is seeking qualified applicants with specialized expertise for the position of Senior Full Stack Developer. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated expertise in the execution of technology solutions to fit with client needs and identified outcomes. This position requires you to creatively leverage new and innovative technologies and successfully implement solutions for our external clients and our business. You will be responsible for the delivery of professional services including business analysis and recommending solutions to complex strategic objectives across our large global team, spanning Stantec IT, operational business lines, and the Office of Innovation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the project and work independently in a team environment.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders’ project teams to gather functional and non-functional requirements and identify business requirements.
- Work with business lines teams on third-party libraries, and integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and simple prototypes; into real solutions.
- Recommend and design the project framework including system, technical and security architecture.
- Help to develop design specifications and proof of concept solutions in response to business needs.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Perform multi-disciplinary research in IT, System Architecture, design, development, and deployment.
- Support complex systems, including networks, systems, servers, end-points, and hardware/software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Profound knowledge of the Application, Presentation, Data, and Network layers.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Development, Scrum, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Significant experience with Object-Oriented Languages and Object-Oriented Design
- Experience in the design and development of responsive websites and backend architecture.
- Working knowledge of UI/UX and prototype design
- Experience applying web technologies C#, ASP.NET, REST APIs, .Net Core, NodeJS, Python.
- Experience with Modern interface patterns, Responsive Web Design, Single Page Applications design, and third-party libraries.
- Experience reading and writing to web-based APIs using JSON or XML objects.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS & NoSQL databases including SQL Server, Oracle, and CosmoDB and caching mechanism, etc.
- Experience with source control, Git, and Azure DevOps (Pipelines, Boards, Repos).
- Working experience with Web Services, OAuth, Single Sign-On (SSO), and Azure Active Directory B2C & B2B connections, and working experience with networking & cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of various Azure services including Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, Power Shell Automation and Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles)
- Working experience with OWASP security principles, understanding accessibility, and security compliance
- Working knowledge of server technologies including IIS, and Node.js
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligences and Data visualization tools including PowerBI and High charts
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and/or Data Science, Microsoft IoT Hub, data science toolkits including Azure Machine Learning and Data lake analytics is preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Engineering, or a related specialization5 years of related work experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods. Fieldwork may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Quebec-Montréal, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Applications Development
Organization : BC-1290 Innovation-DTI-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 8, 2022, 2:29:24 PM
Req ID: 220000XV
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans