Digital Specialist (12 Month Contract)
City : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full time
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
As a world-class pension fund, HOOPP provides a secure and reliable source of retirement income for more than 400,000 healthcare workers in Ontario. We are committed to delivering on our pension promise to our members and take pride in our values that support this mission. We do this by hiring passionate and forward-thinking people. We’re not just looking for the most qualified person, we’re looking for the right person — someone who is interested in making a real difference in the lives of our members.
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our talented and diverse Marketing & Communications (M&C) team that informs, inspires and engages our members and HOOPP employees every day. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Digital Marketing team through recommending and executing strategic digital communication solutions across various digital channels based on actionable insights.
Strategy execution and user experience
- Support the Digital Marketing team in conducting research, making recommendations, and implementing online marketing solutions and campaigns that support external initiatives.
- Assist in recommending, writing and populating digital content for HOOPP’s digital channels to ensure an optimal user experience.
- Review and maintain HOOPP’s website for user experience issues, search engine optimization and content effectiveness with an ongoing mandate to either consolidate, decommission or enhance content.
- Keep pace with digital marketing trends and review user data to help inform digital recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Digital, Creative and broader M&C teams within an agile environment to share new ideas, raise challenges and support communication campaigns.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with M&C team members and key internal stakeholders, as needed.
- Support in the creation, testing and deployment of mass email communication campaigns for members, employers and other stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve email content, including content, images, banners and subject lines.
- Provide recommendations for A/B testing and future improvements to campaigns based on campaign performance and analytics.
- Provide support with day-to-day monitoring and scheduling of content on HOOPP’s social media channels.
- Assist in writing and organizing content calendars for HOOPP’s social media channels, and identifying opportunities to increase engagement and conversions.
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategic social media content for communications, as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree and/or College diploma in a discipline such as Business, Communications, Advertising, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 1 year corporate Marketing and/or Communications experience with a focus on copywriting, email marketing, website management, social media, search engine optimization and/or user experience design.
- Working knowledge of website content management systems (i.e. Wordpress, Sitefinity) and email marketing tools (i.e. Mailchimp, Dotdigital).
- Experienced in crafting content for social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and familiar with social media management and monitoring tools (i.e. Hootsuite, SproutSocial, Meltwater).
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to plan and organize work independently.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring all work is thoroughly reviewed and tested before deployment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a willingness to work and problem-solve in a collaborative, high-performing team environment.
- Experience with analytics and campaign performance measurement tools (i.e. Google Analytics) is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital marketing methodologies and best practices, including web accessibility, user experience (UX), desktop vs mobile design, email marketing and analytics is an asset.