At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Specialist, Digital Ops
Are you digital savvy? Do you want to put your problem solving, business and technology skills to the test? Would you like to be part of making the buzzwords “customer experience”, “omni-channel”, “digital transformation” and “design thinking” come to life? If so, you might be interested in joining our team.
If you have always wanted to work at an entrepreneurial company where the employees are committed to solving big challenges and making a real difference; then join us. Rogers is a leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. We are looking for individuals who are curious, love digital, and want to be part of the team that will push the digital customer experience to the next level.
What we want for you.
We want to support and encourage you to find long-term success. We want you to explore opportunities that play to your strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding and fun career.
What you will be doing.
Focused on overall site functionality and performance, the Digital Product Specialist will support the user and system performance strategy for digital issues, maintaining and optimizing digital operations, and implementing continuous improvements in all digital channels for the Rogers brand in all channels.
- Supports the day-to-day operations for our digital products and experiences on Rogers.com and Fido.ca.
- Analyze and monitor activity on our websites to proactively and reactively respond to issues that impact customer experience.
- Responsible for growing user adoption in our online support content for both customers and agents to best understand how to use our digital products and to encourage online self help.
- Drives productivity and results by organizing a large volume of issues and coordinating them to delivery across multiple teams.
- Proactively manage and escalate major risks, bugs/defects, and dependencies impacting multiple teams/groups.
- Contributes to cross functional teams as a key contributor with information on website environments, future builds and improvements.
- Fosters strong partnerships with digital, marketing, brand, product and business stakeholders by understanding their objectives and provide them with ongoing communication relevant to their business.
- Analyze production reports (outages, scheduled downtime, bugs, etc.) with the teams to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and/or operating production problems.
- Create partnerships throughout departments to build synergies across lines of businesses.
- Supports the team’s strategies and programs that maximize revenue, increase commerce transactions, reduce operating expenses, and contain costs.
- Work cross-functional to ensure digital commerce experiences are optimized across channels (Care, Retail, Online & Field)
- Partner with digital channels team member to create synergies across all lines of business, Commerce, Self-Serve and Support, Mobile, and multi-channel experiences.
- Research best practices to support continuous improvements of our digital products.
- Fosters a mobile-first digital culture and implements effective and adaptive strategies.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to change in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong understanding of customer experience in digital channels such as websites and mobile apps.
- Experience with working in an Agile, Waterfall and Kanban environment using tools such as Jira for end to end workflow management
- Drive to learn and be a part of a large team environment, accomplishing individual and group tasks as one unit.
- Understanding of technical aspects of web applications, including database-driven functionalities, general web functionality, etc.
- Critical thinking and creative thinking abilities to apply to work challenges.
- Highly motivated individual with a naturally inquisitive nature.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a large volume of tasks at once.
- Strong communicator (written and oral), self-manager who can self-pace and organize a complex situation.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Holds self-accountable for achieving established performance objectives.
- Highly organized individual who teach others new/efficient methods of organizing work tasks and overcoming time constraints.
- Experienced with analytics tools (Adobe, Qualtrics, Tableau) and Agile softwares (Jira, Confluence).
- Skilled in MS Office products such as Excel and Powerpoint with ability to train others.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 199163
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate