Digital Product Lead, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174218
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Product Lead plays a pivotal role on the digital product team and assumes end-to-end ownership for various product offerings.
As a Product Lead on digital authentication team, they will develop a compelling product vision, strategy, roadmap, define key business objectives (OKRs) for the authentication portfolio. Leveraging their deep understanding of authentication and security controls, customer feedback and analytics as well as market trends, they will continually prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for their product portfolio to ensure optimal and secure customer experience.
Is this role right for you?
- As part of the digital product team, lead the definition of a multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap for digital authentication working closely with stakeholders within digital and rest of the Bank.
- Build reusable and scalable customer facing software that will be leveraged by internal teams to solve their problem of identifying the customer.
- Lead multiple problem discoveries at any time to understand customer needs, current challenges and work closely with design and engineering partners to come up with solution Use data to drive decisions.
- Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach.
- Define clear outcomes and goals for each initiative with associated KPIs/Metrics to ensure success and alignment with the overall vision and strategy; define the “What” and the “Why” as part of problem discovery.
- Build and effectively manage relationships with business lines and authentication partners such as Fraud and Information Security in order to identify/respond and understand their ongoing needs and ensure that the strategic direction aligns with the direction for Scotia Digital.
- Partner with product marketing teams to define effective go-to-market plans for product launches.
- Evangelize the product - share success stories, new product launches through effective release notes, demos.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify future opportunities of growth for their product; establish self as a subject matter expertise within digital banking for owning areas
- Understands and keeps up to date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions especially in the digital authentication and security space
- Mentors and manages team PMs, Snr. PMs on team; reviews output produced by junior team members and provides feedback as needed
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 6+ years of experience working as a product manager shipping consumer facing software solutions; experience working on digital products, preferably in the consumer space is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- Experience in hiring, coaching and leading product managers
- Strong problem solver with ability to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferably scrum
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Fully remote / Hybrid
The way we work is changing. This is a fully remote role, where you’ll be working exclusively from the comfort of your own home. While we’re hiring for all shifts, we’re flexible and will try our best to accommodate your preferred shift.
The role is currently virtual but will eventually be based in our office as requirements change, with optional partial virtual work.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.