City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
The Digital Manager is responsible for developing a high-performing team and providing guidance on client and campaign strategy. The Digital Manager will oversee the entire buying and implementation process of Digital for their dedicated client groups and collaborates with trafficking, media operations and media planning teams to achieve client goals. This role is critical in enforcing and providing input into the overall corporate investment direction as well as overseeing the quality standards of the team’s buying strategy and execution.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team across activation deliverables through the campaign lifecycle to improve and optimize the media buy to achieve client goals.
- Coaches team to develop investment strategies that maximize media dollars and media efficiency.
- Drives employee retention by providing feedback to the Leadership and HR team to help retain top digital talent in Canada.
- Grows the sophistication of the team’s media knowledge, expanding into data and technology.
- Leads and drives positive working relationships with vendors and guides vendor selection to support the corporate commercial investment direction.
- Identifies development areas in team members to help achieve and drive their performance goals for the year.
- Drives Media Brand and client adoption of DAN capabilities, e.g. The Story Lab, Dentsu Data Labs, Cardinal Path, ICUC, etc.
- Supports the media planning teams throughout campaign activation process to maintain performance and resolves any campaign-related issues.
- Facilitates the implementation of quality control processes and systems across client groups.
- Develops the deliver buy structures that encompass the best environments for each client’s target audience, while maximizing value and efficiency.
- Prepares reporting documentation for media planning teams and clients demonstrating the strategy and rationale executed to deliver on campaign goals.
- Participates and presents in new business efforts for the Canadian Network.
- Instils a high-performance, data-driven, continuous improvement culture within a shared service organization.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of media planning and/or buying experience focused on Digital Channels and a minimum of 1-year experience leading a team.
- Strong people leader with the ability to lead, coach and develop and retain top talent while addressing performance.
- Expert level knowledge of bid management, campaign management and optimization process with key Data, Supply and DSP partners.
- Advanced knowledge of Google DoubleClick, Google Ad stack, etc.
- Ability to instill confidence and manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills and proficient with numbers and budgets to illustrate client business objectives.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and people skills.
- Advanced level MS Office skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.