Digital Farming Solutions (DFS) Marketing Lead
City : Calgary
Category : Professional
Industry : Crop Science
Employer : Bayer
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Digital Farming Solutions (DFS) Marketing Lead
The position is responsible for developing and supporting digital farming go-to-market strategies as well as leading a team to execute on engagement marketing tactics while using data analytics to drive higher use and retention of Bayer’s leading digital farming tool, FieldView (FV).
This is a Canada home-based, 14-month term position.
What you will do:
Business & Customer Needs:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current and future Bayer Digital Farming Solutions (DFS) products and services, as well as market and customer opportunities across Canada
- Leverage market research to stay current on the digital agriculture landscape and represent the customer’s voice to influence Bayer Crop Science (BCS) & DFS GTM strategy
- Collaborate with relevant platform partner stakeholders to drive platform partner strategy; and then drive process to onboard, engage and support partner execution
Marketing Strategy & Execution:
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and GTM strategy for FV Platform and DFS solution and offerings within the BCS portfolio, working in collaboration with relevant FV, Bayer and ad agency stakeholders
- Build co-marketing plans with BCS Grower & Channel Marketing partners and customers in support of the FieldView Platform and New Business Models.
- Drive the branding and naming strategy for key elements of FV and NBM solutions – in particular the FV platform itself (working closely with external and BCS counterparts) to deliver on Franchise & Platform value streams.
- Conduct flawless execution of marketing plans, successfully achieving KPIs for awareness and customer engagement
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of stellar marketing materials to support the FV Platform & NBM marketing plans, to include (but not limited to) event assets, website materials, customer testimonials/videos, webinars and support documents
Value Proposition & Communication:
- Work in close collaboration with regional Marketing and Commercial teams to ensure critical alignment and boost FV Platform value prop to the market
- Partner with Bayer Crop Science communication and marketing stakeholders as the chief storyteller of the FV Platform solution to internal and external audiences
- As a key influencer and integrator, you will pursue initiatives that will create enterprise value with Bayer's future pipeline and commercial solutions
- Lead customer marketing automation communications that deepen our customer relationships and drive higher engagement, retention, and reduce churn across the customer journey by understanding customer insights
- Develop a national engagement plan by customer segment
- Ensure content resonates with customer segments through rigorous market research, customer experience analytics and developing appropriate channels to drive product engagement goals.
- Lead national and regional teams to leverage data insights to reach regional engagement goals, lead development of analytics to help understand customer segments; drive alignment cross-functionally to jointly create priorities for targeted messaging to support field sales activities.
- Create and deliver customer analytics and engagement marketing strategies leveraging Global tools that can be implemented regionally to drive business strategy.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Agriculture or similar degree
- Experience working in the agriculture industry
- Strong experience in marketing, product management or similar area
- Relevant experience in customer insights, use of customer analytics and customer marketing
- Demonstrated collaborative and influence skills with global teams
- Ability to develop strong relationships and networks
- Strategic thinking, ability to articulate and drive a vision and purpose
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix
- Ability to travel up to 25% within Canada and USA
- Experience managing people
- Passion for using data to drive decisions
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Experience working with attitudinal, behavioral, and transactional data to derive insights
- Experience working with data analytics
- Experience in driving customer engagement in software
This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards package
- Collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- Career development and global opportunities
- Work-life flexibility programs such as flex hours, employee discounts, volunteer days, wellness, and other employee offerings
Bayer is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of Inclusion and Diversity. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences and believe that our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities that our employees invest in their work represents our culture, reputation, and Bayer’s values and purpose.
Learn more about our values and purpose at: https://www.bayer.com/en/ca/canada-our-purpose-values
All referral candidates must first be submitted via our internal referral system by a current Bayer employee in order to participate in the referral program. Once a Bayer employee has successfully referred you in our system, you will receive an automated email with instructions on how to complete your application.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.