Digital Channel Platform lead
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC is seeking a payments expert for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. This person will work collaboratively with vendors and managing front to back functions to ensure projects objectives are achieved. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC functions defined in our roadmap.
Director of Development is responsible for design, develop, and implementation of key parts of the Digital Channel platform. You will accomplish this by teamwork, having a can-do mindset with a hands-on approach and focus on details. You will need to be an expert level organizer to resolve things in a structural manner that provides clarity and direction. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do?
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable lead who will work to transform our Channel Technology
- Build the state of the art, highly scalable Digital Channel platform as a strong visionary, technical lead and contributor across the team
- Develop software components as a hands-on contributor when necessary
- Work with other tracks and lead integration efforts across other components
- Build digital assets to serve our internal and external clients
- 15+ years of experience in modern technology development stacks including common cloud platforms
- Can get to details of the technical issues faced by developers and find ways to debottleneck development by creating spike solutions, proof of concept development
- Can drive implementation with a team of developers including contractors to meet sprint development goals
- Can face off with a Senior audience at the bank to report progress, challenges and explain the
- Can be hands on as well as drive small dev teams of 6 to 8 people
- Can code framework components and facilitate distribution of work
- Familiar with Dev Ops, CI/CD, Cloud deployment, and basic infrastructural knowledge to face off with Hardware Teams
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture guidelines for a large bank
- Has developed interfaces - has worked with third party libraries and integrated those into the solution using event driven architecture
- Can run proof of concept development independently
- Strong computer science knowledge – language agnostic, object oriented skills
Nice to Have technology experience
- Java, Angular, Spring Boot experience
- Familiarity with one of the cloud platforms – Azure, AWS, GCP
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.