Dietary Aide (Red Deer, AB)
City : Red Deer
Category : Full-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a member of our food services team, you will contribute to providing excellent customer service by ensuring proper food handling of our healthcare site:
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Prepares coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Assists residents with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- May work on a tray line to distribute food.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- No previous work experience required
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgement and behaviour.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all co-workers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers/residents, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- All employees who work in Healthcare are mandated to be fully vaccinated and must provide proof of such as a condition of employment.
- All successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check.
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
- And so much more!
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs