Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
City : Moose Jaw, SK, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
By applying to this job you will be put into a pool of candidates that will be used throughout the year to fill positions when they become available in this area.You will only be contacted if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
Canadian Pacific (CPKC) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
In this challenging role you will be a member of a team working in a high production environment performing preventative and corrective maintenance to Locomotives
- The starting rate of pay:
- Diesel Mechanic Apprentice rate is $32.567 per hour
- Classification of Diesel Mechanic will be determined by experience and current shop mix.
- Maintain, inspect, service, test and repairs all systems on locomotives, mobile equipment and vehicles used in plant, yard and road service;
- Services locomotive cabs which include cleaning/washing cab walls, windows, floors and servicing of locomotive toilets compartment and toilets;
- Make the evaluation of parts for reuse, repair or replacement;
- Work to blueprints, schematic drawings, service manual and other like information. Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment;
- Perform non-structural welding, (i.e. Tacking);
- Perform adjustment and calibration to mechanical components;
- Perform modification and construct mechanical assemblies;
- Perform maintenance and low voltage repairs of Locomotive electrical systems;
- Use various hand and power hand tools;
- Operate equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments;
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Equivalence Diploma;
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must Be mechanically inmclined and have knowledge of all tools
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job;
- Will be required to obtain all CPKC certification pertaining to specific tasks and assignments;
- CPKC operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; must be able to work on various shifts and days off;
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time studies program
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Driver’s license verification
- Education verification
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 100299
- Department: Mechanical Loco
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Moose Jaw , Saskatchewan
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- Job Available to: Internal & External