DevOps Cloud integrator
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
National Bank has initiated its digital transformation with the objective of migrating almost all of its applications to AWS and automating most of these processes and manual activities.
Within the Infrastructure and Security Asset Operations and Delivery Sector, we are a DevOps group for the development and transformation of the National Bank, therefore very intrapreneurship-oriented and dynamic, where collective intelligence is at the heart of our actions! We cultivate an Agile, DevOps and Lean mindset. We put a lot of emphasis on automating what we do (“everything as code”) by following an IaC/GitOps and API-Driven approach in general.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support and accelerate the business transformation vision (Cloud first and automation).
- Interact with different teams to understand their IT business issues as well as their IT needs and propose/implement technical solutions that meet them.
- Collaborate in determining the value of an initiative.
- Lead team members in their solution design and implementation including the creation of DevOps CI/CD/CT pipelines.
- Act as a coach/leader within the team. For example, supporting the team in their DevOps, Agile, Lean and automation journey by providing training appropriate to needs, both formal and informal.
- Adopt a continuous improvement and software engineering (SWE) mentality at all times.
- Foster the adoption of recognized industry practices across the team.
Methodologies and frameworks used:
- TDD (Test Driven Development) / BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) / ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)
- Scrum / SAFe (e.g. organize Scrum events, have the role of PO or Scrum Master as needed)
- CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery)
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code) / “everything as code”
Our main technology stack:
- AWS (currently 42 services in use and growing)
- Helm and Kubernetes (AWS-EKS and OpenShift)
- Terraform and Ansible
- Bitbucket, SonarQube, Jenkins, Nexus, Vault, Docker, Jira
- Experience in the conception and design of solution architecture.
- Experience with a Cloud.
- Experience in process optimization (Lean, Lean SixSigma).
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, including programming standards, code review, source code management (versioning, branching model, etc.) and testing.
- Bilingualism: French and English.
- Monitoring (Datadog, Splunk for example)
- Knowledge of the realities of the different sectors of the bank
- Knowledge of GitOps
- Redis, Akamai
- SQL and NoSQL DB
- Open to feedback and consider context
- Patience to accompany people who are new to certain technologies and methodologies
- Understand the human mechanics of transformation (it takes time to transform humans, you have to be patient)
- Autonomous, ability to make decisions and leadership
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?