Development Program Specialist – Learning & Development
City : Sudbury, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Development Program Specialist
Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
The Port Colborne Refinery was commissioned 100 years ago on the shore of Lake Erie. Raw materials and finished products from Vale’s Sudbury and Newfoundland and Labrador operations are transported to Port Colborne for processing.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
The North Atlantic Learning and Development team is responsible for the leadership development of various positions including those of Superintendents within the business. The team is also accountable for providing direction in relation to change management and associated programs,
We are currently seeking a Development Program Specialist to join our North Atlantic Learning and Development team. This is a permanent position with the potential to work remotely.
The position is responsible for guiding the design and delivery of organizational development, processes, programs, and capabilities that facilitate the alignment of talent throughout the North Atlantic operations. Providing input to the establishment and development of strategies of organizational and leadership development within the organization is central to the role. These programs include North Atlantic Leadership Development Program for Superintendents and Supervisors and Peer Training – involving the utilization of unionized employees as trainers for in-field training on operational equipment.
In this position, you will be:
- Responsible for leading change management and implementation of the various programs guaranteeing their sustainability within Vale’s established operational management model (VPS), Vale’s Career and Succession Program and other established systems and processes with the input and in alignment from internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing North Atlantic leaders with direction on change management and implementation of the programs.
- Researching, assessing, and providing recommendations to the North Atlantic Leadership Team for implementation across the North Atlantic teams ensuring that there is alignment with the Base Metals organization as required.
- Leading Change Management along with the deployment of the Development Programs across all North Atlantic locations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the program is clearly communicated and understood at all levels of the business.
- Understanding and incorporating existing Vale behaviors, systems, and processes (SAP, BWISE, People Development Cycle, IAM, VPS, HSE, HR) into the Development Programs as required.
- Regularly engaging with key stakeholders to gain alignment on the direction of the Leadership Development Program and how it may impact other cultural transformation work (Diversity and Inclusion, Performance etc.).
- Coaching and instructing North Atlantic Managers and leaders on change management and implementation of the program.
- Completed University Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Adult Education, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Supervisory experience is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to influence.
- Broad understanding of the North Atlantic business in terms of mining, processing, and support areas.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary.
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances).
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental).
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Online training and career development opportunities.
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Pay Grade: F6T
Apply by: Friday, September 29, 2023]]>