Developer Data Services
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC’s Quantitative & Technology Services (QTS) Rates IT team is seeking a Software Developer to work on a cross asset platform supporting functions around execution of tasks and scenarios. The platform facilitates the execution of overnight tasks for computation of market sensitivities, as well as creating an entry point for efficient scenario computations for users in both capital markets and group risk divisions. This is a fast pace business with frequently changing needs and requirements. Work with Development Lead/Manager, business partners and various technology groups to deliver high quality products. Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs and application execution
What will you do?
- Work as a member of the team to build solutions that assist the execution of the flow
- Design, develop, and maintain reusable components for data management and job execution
- Participate in requirements gathering and meetings with business stakeholders and other technology groups to produce analysis of the Use Cases and Solutions Designs
- Provide development and Level 2 support along with other team members
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong technical developer with 5+ years hands on experience
- 3+ years of experience in C#, .Net4.0 or greater,
- 3+ years of experience in Database technologies.
- Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, unit testing, Dependency Injection, and OO concepts.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of version control systems like SVN and Git
- Test driven Development experience is plus.
- Unix/Windows system experience is preferred
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.