City : Kelowna, BC
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Technologist to join our Municipal Infrastructure team, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the CADD Manager, this position will be responsible for designing on various land development and municipal assignments (site and subdivision planning and design, municipal roads, residential developments, storm water management, etc.).
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Design on various land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Participate in project meetings with contractors, clients/owners and affected stakeholders;
- Take projects from preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans, and project documentation requirements, using primarily Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed;
- Coordinate the preparation of documents required for regulatory approvals, prepare construction cost estimates and tender documents/contracts;
- Liaison with contractors and contract management of projects during construction;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved; and
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited college;
- 1-3 years of experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects is required;
- Recent graduates may apply;
- Registration as an AScT or other technical accreditation is an asset;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is desirable;
- Ability to understand and come quickly up to speed on local development bylaws and regulations;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a busy and close-knit team environment; and
- Must possess strong communication skills.