Design Program Manager, Landscape
City : Toronto/Downtown
Category : FM - Capital Planning
Industry : Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
Employer : Toronto Community Housing Corporation
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference, we offer a comprehensive package that meets the various needs of our diverse employees, including:
- Ability to participate in inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities;
- Minimum three (3) weeks of paid annual vacation days, increasing with years of service;
- Four (4) paid personal days;
- Defined benefit pension plan with OMERS, includes 100-per-cent employer matching;
- Health and dental benefits, including a health spending account available upon your start date;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Maternity and parental leave top up (93% of base salary);
- Training and development programs including tuition reimbursement of $1500 per calendar year.
- Fitness membership discount;
This job offers the opportunity to work from home as part of a hybrid work arrangement. This arrangement will allow you to work some days at a TCHC work location and the rest of the time from home. The amount of time required to work at a TCHC work location is flexible, while considering operational and service delivery requirements.
Make a difference
Are you passionate about design and construction and looking for an opportunity to work with an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of residents from diverse backgrounds? Do you have solid experience and knowledge with landscape architectural requirements? Do you want to use your design experiences to influence community growth? If this sounds like your ideal career, then Toronto Community Housing is the place for you! We are searching for a collaborative and strategic team player who enjoys working in a dynamic and energetic environment. In this role, you will get to work with internal and external partners to manage the design of major and minor grounds/landscaping and waste management construction projects for retrofit and renewal in residential buildings.
What you’ll do
- Plan, implement and manage business and work plans for the designated programs to support TCHC corporate plans, direction and vision.
- Lead regular program review meetings with stakeholders, including reporting and commenting on variances, trends and strategies.
- Oversee and ensure the efficient operations of their unit.
- Direct staff on the fundamentals of design and design process to ensure designs produced are comprehensive, achievable, coordinated, innovative and cost-effective.
- Provide education, training and mentoring to staff to ensure stakeholders are well informed of program management, technical development, and legislative requirements.
- Plan and direct the development of streamlined business processes to manage budgets, schedules and mitigate risk.
- Manage financial accountability, costs controls, and project scheduling.
- Track and prepare reports on the Unit’s financial operations including cost analyses, data forecasting and work load management.
- Responsible for the Unit’s management, performance and budget.
- Ensure regular program budget reviews and forecasts for services, expenditures are completed in a timely fashion.
- Forecast and manage the resource requirements in developing a flexible model including in house and market resources to manage the cyclical needs of TCH.
- Develop/ update program control standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitate the development and recommend corporate standards through market research and industry standards in conjunction with various stakeholders.
- Provide technical advice in support in all aspects of service delivery including procurement, and participation in capital planning and setting of budget priorities.
- Assess and implement improvements to systems and processes to ensure smooth process flow between divisional units.
- Participate in planning the objectives, methods and resources of short and long range operations, monitors and reports on overall performance.
- Provide leadership to the division and determines goals, objectives, staff resources and key performance indicators.
- Develop, organize and establish design tools and recommend benchmarks for measuring performance.
- Develop and Implement the Key Performance Indicators as required to effectively monitor and improve service delivery.
- Work closely with the Vendor Management Team to recommend performance metrics, and develop and implement tools for measurement, monitoring and reporting.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 7 years (project management) experience in the specific discipline (i.e. landscape architecture).
- Considerable project management experience in delivering a wide variety of project scopes and managing design and construction schedules, cash flow and to ensure timely completion of work.
- Demonstrate management experience to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and to supervise professional staff.
- Preference given to candidates with a Landscape Architect designation
- Ontario-based knowledge and experience in a consulting environment preferred.
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and develop practical and creative solutions.
- Knowledge and proven experience with budgeting in order to establish economically viable programs and to evaluate financial impact of new measures.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation, by-laws and codes affecting residential development and construction.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Construction Lien Act for the construction industry.
- Analytical skills in developing, evaluating design and constructability issues and recommending value engineering.
- Proficient in preparing, reading, interpreting construction designs and documents, preparing and assembling design estimates and working budgets, cash flows and pricing.
- Knowledge of sustainable building design and implementation
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if we believe your skills and experience will make you successful in the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process will include one or more interviews and/or assessments and reference checks.