Design Lead, Power Platform
City : Waterloo
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Design Lead, Power Platform
Digital Business Automation Services is looking for an experienced Microsoft Power Platform expert to join our team in building a world class Power Platform working model to serve the global enterprise. The successful candidate will use their experience in Power Platform development to establish the artifacts and services that will enable the rapid delivery of Templates, Connectors, Flows and Power Apps that bring value to our business units. Working collaboratively with development teams, the candidate will lead a Design Practice that ensures design standards and best practices are followed.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for driving excellence in the Design and Development Practices for Microsoft Power Platform at Sun Life.
- Build out a design and development framework that facilitates the rapid and repeatable delivery of Power Platform Templates, Connectors, Flows and Power Apps. Document best practices, guardrails, and artifacts for design, development, and testing.
- Collaborate with the architecture team on the technology governance of Power Platform and solution patterns
- Create and lead a Design Hub that will review and approve solution designs and development projects to ensure consistency and continuity with the framework.
- Enable development teams by ensuring access and security profiles adhere to Sun Life standards while also meeting the needs of the solution.
- Support automation and application development success by mentoring development teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Build and maintain a catalogue of reusable templates, flows, connectors and apps to be used throughout the organization
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent Discipline
- 3+ years of design, implementation and governance experience with Microsoft Power Platform
- Expert-level understanding of Power Platform tools and development process
- Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect (PL-600), or Microsoft Power Platform Developer (PL-400) certification with willingness to pursue Solution Architect certification in near-term
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud (Tenant and Environment setup and implications), Dataverse, Azure AD, and Azure DevOps
- Solid understanding of cyber security implications of citizen development
- A curious and continuous learning mind-set to test-and-learn
- Demonstrated experience in developing documentation to support standards and best practices
- Experience with leading and mentoring developers with a wide range of skill level and experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to bring opinions, comments and thoughts forward. Able to drive discussions and meet objectives.
- Solid problem-solving skills, ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Strong understanding of process and technical design
- Broad knowledge of business problems across functions and domains
- Agile project management experience using Scrum
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- This position requires Enhanced Reliability Clearance
What’s in it for you?
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
- Named 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer. #LI-Remote, or #LI-Hybrid.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:30/03/2023