City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
The Design Assistant is responsible for working with the design team to assist with the creation of brand-right product for Joe Fresh while seasonably achieving business and profit objectives. The Assistant Designer will work closely with and report into the Designer and Senior Designer
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the assisting design team in creating brand-right product for Joe Fresh
- Assist in identifying new modern trends, innovations, opportunities and within the creation of seasonable design concepts to final product
- Sketch product in Illustrator and 3D CLO application
- Create and maintains product line sheets according to SKU plans, sales needs, and emerging trends.
- Responsible for maintaining updates throughout the development season
- Create and maintain styles in PLM (Centric) during the development process
- Create Tech Packs in Illustrator
- Attends development fittings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Product Development, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Buying, and Merchandising teams to support execution of product
- Assist the Design team with additional miscellaneous tasked as needed
What you'll bring:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in the fashion industry
- Must understand fabrications for woven’s, knits and sweater yarns
- Must understand colour, print, and proportions
- Must have a team-oriented attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational skills and strong sense of urgency – we work in a fast-paced environment and those skills are essential
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Office, and PLM
- Must have experience in or have the desire to learn 3D application: CLO
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: 2 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1Y6
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.