Deputy Editor, CMAJ
City : Ottawa, Toronto, Ottawa, Ottawa
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : CMAJ
Employer : Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
Unit | Department: Communications | CMAJ
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief, CMAJ
Type: Full-Time | Permanent
What makes you a great fit for this role?
You are an MD looking for an opportunity to commission, develop, and contribute high quality, relevant and original content for Canada’s national medical journal. You love being actively involved in identifying new opportunities that bring a value-add to readers. You are forward-thinking and connected. You bring prior experience as a Medical Editor and ideally a postgraduate medical qualification, an editorial fellowship or other postgrad credential in education, knowledge-transfer, policy or research.
- Seasoned professionals to work with
- Supportive, visionary leaders
- An enterprise that embraces change
- The tools to do your job
- An unmatched employee experience
- Enticing wellness initiatives
- Taken primary responsibility for planning and providing clinical practice-based content, including commissioning, peer and internal review, medical editing of content, and collaborating with copyediting and production teams, to finalize publication copy for both print and online
- Taken a lead in developing other editors
- Contributed to the overall editorial direction of a medical publication, inclusive of operations, planning and development of editorial practices and policies
- Written original content for a medical journal
- Participated in research and knowledge translation projects
Does this sound like your next opportunity? We hope you apply!
The CMA and the CMA Group of Companies (CMA Foundation and CMA Impact) are committed to accommodating employees with disabilities, accessibility needs, and other protected human rights characteristics, to the point of undue hardship. Any candidate requiring accommodation is encouraged to make their needs known.
Reconciliation, equity, diversity, and inclusion are key priorities, and the CMA enterprise actively strives to build a culture where all employees can be their authentic selves and are valued for their diverse personal experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and a variety of lived experiences to apply.
The CMA and the CMA Group of Companies (CMA Foundation and CMA Impact) has hybrid as well as remote workers across Quebec and Ontario. The Enterprise works in partnership with stakeholders and counterparts nationally across Canada. Due to the nature of the work performed for this position, the incumbent is required to communicate with colleagues in Quebec, Ontario and/or other provinces in English. Proficiency in French is an asset, but not a requirement of this role.