Department Assistant, Transportation
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware is hiring for a Department Assistant, Transportation to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation you will be responsible to provide administrative assistance to the Delivery Support department.
If you have a keen eye for detail and exceptional communication skills, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Assist dispatch team/customer service with inquiries from Drivers, Dealers, and Vendors.
- Collect and maintain current records ensuring compliance to transportation regulations.
- Generate reports, documents, memos, PowerPoint presentations and correspondence as required.
- Responsible for Payroll of Drivers, including Oracle entry, Timezone, Discoverer reports, pay calculations and revisions.
- Responsible for collecting and calculating kilometers, pick-ups, and deliveries.
- Enter trip reports to ensure drivers kilometers, pick-ups and deliveries are accurate in the system.
- Purchase Order creation, invoice processing and detailed record keeping of monthly/annual department costs.
- Data collection and filing of Home Hardware Incident/Accidents, generating quarterly reports.
- Assemble Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for daily, weekly, monthly reporting.
- Other reporting and data entry duties related to the Drivers and Delivery Support.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to multi-task required with great attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills necessary with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Discover Plus, LMS, and Cognos.
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Understanding of transportation industry and knowledge of Home’s shipping/delivery procedures beneficial.
- Experience with Oracle and Timezone would be an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as play an active role within the Dispatch team.
- Flexibility to adapt within a fast-paced office environment.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.