DENTAL CLERK (Toronto, ON, CA, M8Y M8Y)
City : Toronto
Category : Health Services
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 33948
Job Category: Health Services
Division & Section: Public Health, PH Dental & Oral Health Services
Work Location: To be determined
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $29.36 - $32.19, PSG: TF0159; Wage Grade: 6
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 15-March-2023 to 29-March-2023
- Performs reception duties (i.e. answering telephone, greeting clients)
- Assists parents of clients in completing medical history information, survey questionnaires, and applying for provincially funded dental programs etc.
- Ensures parents/patients sign eligibility forms for patients in the Ontario Senior Dental Care Program (OSDCP), “Healthy Smiles Ontario Dental Program” (HSO) and other dental programs
- Completes dental forms, maintains dental files, files charts/records alphabetically and conducts annual file clearance
- Maintains waiting room. Schedules appointments for the dentists, dental assistants and hygienists. Arranges dental appointments, refers patients to specialists, follows up with patients from school screening programs
- Prepares staff related documentation (i.e. attendance, vacations, etc.). Maintains up to date payroll and personnel information on dental staff
- Generates regular reports and monthly staff records on the computer. Enters, updates and retrieves computerized dental and clinical information using the Oral Health Information Support System (OHISS) and Abeldent dental software system. Prints documents as necessary
- Maintains inventory by ordering, receiving, checking and stocking dental supplies
- Receives dental supply requisitions from staff and arranges ordering and delivery of supplies
- Arranges for repairs and transfers, and tracks and monitors safety of dental equipment
- Prepares and completes records for payment of equipment repairs and supplies purchased
- Collects and mails the x-ray dosimeters for recording staff exposure to radiation
- Provides Toronto Public Health dental and other program information services to clients, and residents (i.e. promoting clinics as necessary, providing health brochures and pamphlets)
- Prepares dental claims for billing insurance companies
- Processes and inputs dental claims and pre-authorization of dental services forms verifying the completeness and accuracy of procedure codes and payment of fees. Follows up on claims that have not been paid.
- Receives and processes payments of claims as defined by policy. Provides information to inquiries from parents, clients, staff and other agencies regarding the department’s dental program (i.e. eligibility guidelines)
- Packs soiled laundry and arranges for pick up, completes laundry slip, signs incoming invoice and forwards to appropriate personnel for payment
Your application must describe your key qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience working in a dental practice.
- Experience in scheduling dental appointments; reception duties, responding to telephone inquiries regarding dental needs.
- Experience in the set up and maintenance of filing systems.
- Experience in ordering dental supplies and office supplies.
- Experience in completing dental insurance claim forms and compiling statistical data.
- Experience with customer service.
You must also have:
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills with an emphasis on volume and accuracy.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to carry out routine duties with minimal direction.
- Willingness to travel to other clinics and/or schools.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with dental procedures and dental terminology.
- Fluency in a second language (Russian, Hungarian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, Farsi, Arabic), is an asset.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.