Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Architecture and Engineering
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 146665
About the role
The Delivery Lead ensures delivery of software products within Digital Banking Canada. The Delivery Lead coordinates development and delivery activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design).
The primary accountability is the execution of shipping software based on the product roadmaps and technical release plans developed by the Leadership Team. It is also including the identification, escalation and removal of release and team impediments.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost and specification definitions.
- Responsible for assembling and implementing project plans including release plans.
- Responsible for providing regular, standardized reporting for team performance: velocity, stories completed and project status
- Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management and business lines.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software solutions.
- Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
- Regularly communicates with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between team.
- Provide standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
- Budget: accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders.
- Tooling: ensures team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc. and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback on individual performance Triad leads with team awareness.
- Engages stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project.
- Administrative: ensures the completion of required forms and processes for Bank-wide release management, including the OR/NIRA process. Maintains vacation schedules and makes resourcing recommendations.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- 5 - 7 years professional work experience, software delivery & Scotiabank experience considered a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Requires expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.