City : Surrey, BC
Category : 200031-Inst Admin - Faculty of Design
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
The Dean’s Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties in support of Wilson School of Design (WSD) Dean. The incumbent works closely with the Dean’s Office team, liaises with faculty, staff, students and other KPU personnel to provide administrative support on complex and confidential executive administrative functions. The incumbent ensures operations of the WSD are consistent with the administrative policies, guidelines and procedures of KPU.
EMPLOYER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to meet changing priorities, multitasking, work to deadlines and make responsible decisions while maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, planning, coordination, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to independently draft correspondence and reports of a routine nature based on knowledge of established style and practices.
- Experience with supporting committees, demonstrated ability to create agendas, record and distribute minutes.
- The job requires occasional work in the evenings or weekends in order to support various KPU/WSD committees meetings and activities.
- Demonstrated skills in computer and Internet applications (e.g. Windows environment, Word, Excel, email, Banner and web browser).
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain databases and tracking systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience handling confidential information.
EMPLOYER REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or completion of two years’ post-secondary education or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Progressive general office experience that includes two years’ experience in a similar position preferably within a unionized environment; post-secondary work experience is an asset.
Click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.