Database / EDW Application Administrator – Tangerine
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Network Systems and Data Communications Analyst
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173727
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
The Database / EDW Application Administrator is responsible for the administration, maintenance, upgrade, and data integrity of all development and test databases and all EDW (including APS, GCP – Bigquery, SAS, and Informatica ) Applications, Design and document database architecture, Data Modeling, coordinating assigned internal and external team projects, supporting other team members in all phases of the development life cycle. The Database / EDW Application Administrator reports directly to the Team Lead Tangerine Analytics Platform.
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU? IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Administrate all Banking system development databases and maintain all aspects of the Tangerine Analytics Platform, including but not limited to: EDW (APS / Big Query), Informatica, SharePoint, SAS, Unica Campaign Suite, and Tangerine Machine Learning.
- Participate in and support analysis, design, testing, implementation, and maintenance of enhancements to Tangerine Analytics Platform applications.
- Implement corporate policy, develop, publish, enforce, and maintain standards and procedures
- Manage the Informatica environment and the granting of access to data; perform administrative functions
- Participate in EDW scope discussions and comment on the feasibility
- Maintain EDW data model and metadata
- Identify and document data access and usage requirements with access frequencies
- Design and produce ETL coding specifications
- Code, test, and document ETL processes
- Plan, test, and implement software upgrades; monitor alerts; administer licenses; interface with vendor
- Troubleshoot problems; provide Informatica/SAS problem resolution assistance to IT staff
- Provide day-to-day consultancy and support to IT staff; act as backup for other Database Systems staff
- Investigate, identify, and document source system data for extraction; design and implement confirmation processes for data loads
- Monitor daily operation relative to SLA; log issues and ensure resolution
- Ensure 24x7 availability of Tangerine Analytics Platform applications
WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience in a database, data warehouse, or enterprise application administration role
- Banking industry experience is preferable
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
- You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
- You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
- You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
- You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.