Database Administrator, Oracle EBS
City : Fredericton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Database Administrator, Oracle EBS - ( 220002AF )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is currently seeking an Oracle E-Business Database Administrator to join our team. This position offers the opportunity for flexible hybrid or remote, work from home.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Providing support for Oracle Applications upgrades.
- Problem management [i.e., problem identification, management and resolution]
- Patch analysis and patch application
- Performance monitoring and tuning of Databases, Oracle Application Servers and E-business Software.
- Database Backup and Recovery.
- Planning, Testing and Performing software upgrades.
- Assisting with database loads and data conversion activities.
- Cloning and supporting environments.
- Service request resolution.
- Supporting and enhancing Stantec's High Availability Architecture and disaster recovery operations.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Sound understanding of database fundamentals with Database Backup and Recovery, partitioning and security.
- Ability to use Oracle database (11g, 12c) and Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
- Experience with RHEL Linux, experience working with other Operating systems such as Itanium, AIX or Solaris would be an asset.
- Experience in shell scripting, PL/SQL, Perl or Python programming will be considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; this position requires a high degree of involvement participating in meetings and regularly communicating to various stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing Oracle Database Administrator support.
Minimum of 2 years’ providing Oracle E-Business Suite support in a UNIX environment, working with Oracle E-Business suite versions R12, and Oracle 11g and 12c.
Post-secondary degree in Information Technology or related field. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
Oracle Certification would be an asset.
Please note that this position will require after-hours and on-call work. Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada, Canada-Ontario, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1374 IT Services-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 30, 2023, 2:31:24 PM
Req ID: 220002AF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans