City : Toronto
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Database administrator - ( 220003PP )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
We are looking for a Data Warehouse Database Administrator (DBA) Trainee to work with the Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions team within the Integrated Business Applications group. The successful candidate will be trained to support the data warehouse and business intelligence application using Oracle technology in a Linux environment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
As a trainee, you will work with our experienced DBAs to:
- Support all the different components of Stantec Business Intelligence Application using Oracle technology: Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Analytics Server (OAS), Essbase, Oracle Databases and Weblogic
- Apply Oracle Patch Set Updates
- Participate in Oracle Business Intelligence software upgrades
- Manage/Administer Backups, Restore and follow Disaster Recovery policies and procedures for DW/BI Systems
- Administer cloning procedures and provide support for test DW/BI Systems
- Support, Configure and Tune ETL processes and SQL queries using ODI and OEM
- Monitor performance and tune all OAS components. Develop processes for reporting on OAS platform’s utilization, availability and performance.
- Program support scripts for OAS products using Linux shell scripts, WLST, WLDF, PLSQL
- Provide on-call ETL support - investigate ETL Process failures and/or OAS, remediate known issues and apply workarounds based on supporting on-call documentation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- College diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science
- At least 1 year in depth experience with infrastructure operations and database technologies, or 2 years coop experience using Oracle technology in a Linux environment
- Experience in any coding language including Python, Go, C, C , Java is an advantage
- We are looking for team players that can work in a very dynamic and challenging environment, with ability to learn fast. The successful candidate is required to work in the office full time.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 2, 2022, 7:10:37 AM
Req ID: 220003PP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans